No announcement yet.

Help identifying part-gctid806401

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Help identifying part-gctid806401

    The part that the petcock screws into is cracked and leaking. I have no idea what this thing is or does.

    This is a pic of a 2010 Mercury 5.0 MPI btw

    Edit: Appears to be the water distribution housing, but I still don't know what it does other than obviously distribute water somehow..

    2002 Bayliner Capri Sport 195 Mercruiser 5.0L Alpha I Gen II

    Well, that's an interesting thingamajig you have there. Its called a water distribution housing and I sure hope it's the plug or Oring that's cracked. Worse if you have closed cooling. Here's the link I found. Take the part number and go shopping if that's gone bad.

    As with a Merc stuff, you need your serial number because they change things on that basis not year or model name.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440