Simple Green?-gctid397370

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Green?-gctid397370

Can I use (or does anyone else ues) simple green to spray in their bildge to clean it? Or should I just get some bildge cleaner? I have about 2 gallons of simple green on hand, thats why I ask. Thanks!

Resqme49 wrote:
    Can I use (or does anyone else ues) simple green to spray in their bildge to clean it? Or should I just get some bildge cleaner? I have about 2 gallons of simple green on hand, thats why I ask. Thanks!
    Simple Green is great for the bilge and just about all general purpose cleaning, apparently simple green + hot water does a great job without being aggressive.

Bilge cleaner I think is much more aggressive for tough deposits/stains.

Comment

Sweet! I will give it a mist today! Thanks.

Comment

Simple Green is all I use in the bilge.

Comment

Simple green and a toilet brush works wonders in the bilge.
          Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
          1998 3055 Ciera
          (yes, a 1998)
          Previous boat: 1993 3055
          Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
          Sea Doo XP
          Sea Doo GTI SE
          Life is short. Boats are cool.
          The family that plays together stays together.
          Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

+1 on Simple Green in the bilge, and just about everywhere else. There's always a gallon jug on board.

That said, I brought down some orange-colored citrus degreaser that I bought at Home Depot, and that worked even better to clean up some oil that recently got in the bilge.

Comment

CaptTom wrote:
              +1 on Simple Green in the bilge, and just about everywhere else. There's always a gallon jug on board.

That said, I brought down some orange-colored citrus degreaser that I bought at Home Depot, and that worked even better to clean up some oil that recently got in the bilge.
              Be careful of some of these so called "environmentally friendly" products, especially ones that smell orangy. Often the active ingredient is d-Limonene which is an alcohol and can attack some rubbers.

Comment

I bath in simple green.

Comment

jf185br wrote:
                  I bath in simple green.
                  doesn't it work great after working on the engine and outdrive? You just need some intense re-greasing of the skin afterwards.....

Comment

A little Simple Green sprayed on a sandwich is delicious. Great for cleaning guns too!

Comment

Resqme49 wrote:
                      we buy it by the gallons and use it in the bilge, cockpit, swimstep and the holding tank bilge area... LOVE the stuff.. even clean the 2 heads with it and galley sinks..

Comment

lolar3288 wrote:
                        Be careful of some of these so called "environmentally friendly" products, especially ones that smell orangy. Often the active ingredient is d-Limonene which is an alcohol and can attack some rubbers.
                        ok my dirty mind kicked in reading this......ok guys.. watch your rubbers when using orangy things.. lol

Comment

My method for cleaning the bilge is slightly different. I first dump some warm not quite hot water with Dawn detergent into the bilge. I use the scrub brush to scrub the area. If there is any oil or oil based stuff on the surface it will break it down and loosen it from the surface. I rinse out and then follow that up with the Simple Green. Bilge is then clean as new.
                          Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                          West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Comment

I cant really use any brushes as my access hatch is tiny. I was going to basically just wet, soak and rinse.

Comment

I like a cleaner called "Awesome". Get it at the Dollar store. $1 a bottle, I use it on the car (tires, bugs on grill, under the hood), in the house, and around the boat (deck, cushions, outboard, etc). Works real good and its cheap. But Simple Green is pretty good too!

Comment

Working...
                              X