Bayliner 1993 trophy-gctid805803

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner 1993 trophy-gctid805803

Have a couple questions. Just purchased a 1993 bayliner trophy has 2 two stroke Mercury 175. The last owner said I don't have to mix the oil and gas just put straight gas in the tank.that the boat does it itself is there a button I have to press for that ? And if I do what button is it ? And what button do I press to so the water that is on the sides to come out.

Attached files

The merc 175 probably has an external oil reservoir that needs to be topped off with the proper oil (marine 2 stroke oil) Some OB's have the oil reservoir under the bonnet (engine cover) No buttons should need to be pressed. Can't help with the water in the fish well thing, if that's what your referring to.

Welcome to the club
    Dave
    Edmonds, WA
    "THE FIX"
    '93 2556
    Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
    Misc. projects thread
    https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

You don't have to press anything for your oil injected system.

There will be an oil reservoir tank in one of the 2 doors in the transom compartment where your batteries are.

Keep this tank full of good quality 2 stroke oil. You also want to make sure that the cap is kept very tight as the oil pump works on pressure.

Water in the fish wells are something you're going to have to live with this boat as it is a known issue.

There will be a fishwell button on the helm that will pump out the water. You need to plug one fishwell drain with a stopper while you do a pump out. Then switch the stopper while you do the other side.

Don't be surprised if the fishwell pump is not functioning on your boat due to its age.

I use a drill pump on my Trophy. Just attach it to a cordless drill and it's way faster than the built in pump. Costs maybe $10.

Comment

Electric choke? Then see if the iginition has the push for choke.
        Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
        Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
        93 3058 sold
        92 2855 (day boat)
        91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
        Longbranch WA
        Life is Good

Comment

Working...
        X