my wife found her new boat-gctid397181

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my wife found her new boat-gctid397181

this 70 foot trawler showed up at our marina today and parked right beside us. now my wife has 44 footitus .

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/700861=29399-marina 040.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/700861=29400-marina 043.jpg[/img]

I would have 44 foot itus also.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

We found a sweet one in Seattle last February.. it was 91 feet long. To get the bloody thing from Seattle to here in Juneau, the fuel alone would have cost us $58,000.00 and thats ONE WAY.. could sleep 12 and the galley could fit in my livingroom and kitchen here alone

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
        We found a sweet one in Seattle last February.. it was 91 feet long. To get the bloody thing from Seattle to here in Juneau, the fuel alone would have cost us $58,000.00 and thats ONE WAY.. could sleep 12 and the galley could fit in my livingroom and kitchen here alone
        This boat was from kodiac alaska and been all over the place. it is call OASIS

Comment

would be a nice upgrade! If one has the money this would be a great family boat.

You are lucky that you have sound financial reasons against buying that boat. My wife found her dream boat and I only had the lame excuse that it's to big for our tow vehicle. Her next sentence was: then upgrade the vehicle too...... Let's see whether I can drag it out till next season.

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
            This boat was from kodiac alaska and been all over the place. it is call OASIS
            There have been some nice boats coming out of Kodiak for sale lately.. would be nice to upgrade.. but with the fuel prices here.. it would be a docked house on the floats..lol

Comment

Talk about feelings of inadequacy...:surr
              Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
              Lake Havasu City, AZ
              |
              Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
              2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
              2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
              2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
              2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
              And 12 others...
              In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

No problem Jeff, your 28 will make a nice tender, so have both!
                Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
                  this 70 foot trawler showed up at our marina today and parked right beside us. now my wife has 44 footitus .
                  44 footitus is one thing----having the millions to spend is something entirely different.

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
                    Good point on the gas cost.

OP, just have the captain show your wife what it cost to fill 'er up. LOL She'll be glad you got the smaller vessel.

Comment

cowboyshootist wrote:
                      Good point on the gas cost.

OP, just have the captain show your wife what it cost to fill 'er up. LOL She'll be glad you got the smaller vessel.
                      No kidding, a guy shows up in a brand new 60' Marquis last weekend on his way up from the Keys (Florida) where he purchased it on his way to Newfoundland. He said he fills up daily at $2600 a shot and I figure he must have been traveling for close to 3 weeks plus. Heck my boat did not cost that much.
                      Cheers, Hans
                      2007 Carver 41 CMY
                      Twin Volvo D6-370
                      Montreal, Canada
                      Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

That is so far outta my league that I cannot even contemplate owning something like that.

I may as well set my sights on Barbados, buying Barbados

Comment

I don't get why everyone is worried about how much it costs in gas - just throw a few solar panels on there and you're good to go, right??

Oh wait - I almost forgot - need to add a genny to the engine room...

Comment

I can't speak to the 70 footer.

But I have read about many large 40 to 50 foot trawlers. The fuel milage of those is in the range of 1 to 2 MPG. They do not plane, they move at hull speed. But they can be very thrifty with fuel. They use a small diesel geared to slowly turn a big prop. Some of these trawlers will have a single diesel less than 250HP pushing 50 footers with a single screw.
                            Jim McNeely
                            New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
                            Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
                            Brighton, Michigan USA
                            MMSI # 367393410

Comment

there is just two people on this boat . they had to turn around one mile from the marina and back up the river because there is not enough room to turn at the docks. they then docked from outside the wheelhouse with remotes and cameras . wow it was impressive. nice people as well as he came to the dock and helped me tie up today. you can see them docking in this picture.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/701118=29423-marina 037.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X