Getting ready for the launch next month-gctid803387

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for the launch next month-gctid803387

Here in the northeast we are in from May 15th to October 15th. Getting the boat all set a month early. Been with the fever all winter as I just got my new boat last September and havent been able to use her. Got the oil changed, new filters, etc and the enclosure is up. How excited are the rest of you where we cant boat all year long.

I got the shot of the antidote for spring fever yesterday! Took her out for the first time this season. B) Here on the Chesapeake the season usually begins in mid-April (tied to the beginning of rockfish trophy season) and runs until late October. And many fishermen will go out well into November and December. A lot of folks boat all year.

The fever hits early and hard for me since I can sit in the sunroom and look out the window and see both the Bay and my boat at our dock. Unfortunately, we are dependent upon the tides on our small creek - needing high tide to traverse the shoaling at the opening. So, this week was the first time tides were predicted to be both high enough and timed with days off from work for both my wife and myself. Made it a day trip, stopping for lunch on the hook, and some time shaking down the engine to start the season.
    Rick
    "Our Dream" -- 2015 21' Bayliner 642, 4.3 MPI Mercruiser

"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." Mark Twain

Comment

Nice Rick and a beautiful boat you got there! Enjoy the season. My marina is about 20 minutes away from home and I have been there so much in the past month. Just wish she was in the water already!

Comment

Here on lower chesapeake bay.For the first time ever will be launching boat on time.I wish everyone that is launching next few weeks,a safe and drama free launch.Dont forget the BOAT PLUG

Comment

Dropped her in the water yesterday here in Hell. So far, so good as far as remembering all the checkpoints when doing so...plug, lower unit up until in water, released the bow line on time, transom tie downs, had the trailer lines up perfectly straight so the Admiral just had to inch straight back into water until she saw me pulling off trailer...
          Lake Hartwell, GA
          2012 BR 185 - 3.0 TKS
          1999 Chaparral 233 Sunesta Ltd., 5.0 Volvo
          1987 SeaRay 300 - Twin 454’s
          1993 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR
          1993 Yamaha Waverunner III
          1995 Yamaha Waverunner III GP
          1995 Yamaha Waverunner III VXR PRO
          1996 SeaDoo GTX
          1999 SeaDoo GTX

Comment

Working...