Prop Size Recommendation? Bayliner 2450-gctid396937

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prop Size Recommendation? Bayliner 2450-gctid396937

I have a 2450 Bayliner Command Bridge, and it either has a 14 x 21 L prop on it.

THe boat has trouble getting on plane without moving weight to the front, and using trim tabs. Someone told me it is overpropped, and I need a 19 or 17P L prop.

Any suggestions?

I'm curious what other people are using.

Stock was 15x17 on the low end, 15x19 on the high end. I'd go find a 15x17 and try it. I'd also make sure it was a genuine VP "big ear" or speed line prop. I was able to swing a 15x21 on my 2450 bowrider, but I also was running 800 lbs less weight since I didn't have the superstructure you do.

You need to see 4200 - 4400 rpm wide open.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Download_Complete wrote:
      Stock was 15x17 on the low end, 15x19 on the high end. I'd go find a 15x17 and try it. I'd also make sure it was a genuine VP "big ear" or speed line prop. I was able to swing a 15x21 on my 2450 bowrider, but I also was running 800 lbs less weight since I didn't have the superstructure you do.

You need to see 4200 - 4400 rpm wide open.
      Talk about LUCK. I found this prop on craigslist, and picked up the L rotation prop for 25.00.

http://treasure.craigslist.org/boa/3101373174.html

I cant wait to put it on there and try it!!!!! :arr:arr:arr

Comment

See my recent response to your other thread.

Since you mentioned 21" pitch and/or 24" pitch, I'm thinking that you need to check your drive ratio before you start trying props.

There is no substitute for the correct final drive ratio.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Actually that's really good advice. Check your gear ratio too...no idea if someone has monkied with it or not.
          Matt Train
          BOC Site Team
          Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Working...
          X