Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    "CrimsonOne" post=801707 wrote:
    I am proud owner of a 2005 bayliner 175....unsure if it is roundabout bowrider etc....it has 175 merc....any info as how to identify correct model as well as fluid specs and placement would be greatly appreciated aswell. Thanks for your time and information in advance.
    You sure it's not a Merc135 hp, 3 liter I/O? I didn't think that they put V6's (175) in those.

In any event, find the owners manual online or specs somewhere, as suggested above. For my 2007 3.0 I used to use straight 40 weight engine oil (I forget the API service rating but it was standard "advance auto" stuff. IIRC it did not specify FC-W....not sure if the FC-W certification even existed back then). Merc always recommends their Quicksilver 25w-40 oil...

The the Alpha lower unit, I just used the Mercruiser/Quicksilver High Performance (yellow label, I think) gear lube. For grease I just used waterproof marine grease.

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    CrimsonOne, welcome to BOC. In case you can't find the Mercury/Mercruiser brand fluids, Quicksilver is their brand for fluids sold through retailers other than "authorized dealers". It started generations ago and I think is being phased out, but I'm not really sure which is going away. Also, there are new products available in the brands since 2005 like semisynthetic motor oil that you may want to consider.

Please add some fun facts about your boat and where you like to enjoy it in you signature.

Leave a comment:

• smitty477
    replied
    You can download the engine manual by searching for '2005 mercury specs' like this....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...HHnoWeSEQbyVWQ

And you can download a manual for the boat by going to the Bayliner site and putting in your boats year and type like this....

http://bayliner.com/owners-manual/

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonOne
    replied
    Please let me know if additional info is needed. Only thing I have to go by is title.

Leave a comment:

• CrimsonOne
    started a topic Fluid specs-gctid801707

Fluid specs-gctid801707

I am proud owner of a 2005 bayliner 175....unsure if it is roundabout bowrider etc....it has 175 merc....any info as how to identify correct model as well as fluid specs and placement would be greatly appreciated aswell. Thanks for your time and information in advance.
Working...
X