Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing old mould from seat-gctid801645

Hi

One of the rear seats on my 3055 has a nice patch of mould on it. Its been there for a while as the previous owner lived out of state . i have tried a number of vinyl cleaners, mould cleaners,brushes and even steam cleaner but none have worked, we have managed to make the mould a little lighter but unable to remove it

Hoping some one has a old remedy or secret solution that might help remove it

Try some Simple Green with a magic eraser. Will not remove if in the fibers but will remove all surface mold. At least I have had god luck with. Just remember the eraser will give any thing its used on a light sanding so do not use if fibers are thinning.

Comment

Most cleaners will get rid of the mold but not the stain it leaves behind, Try Zep Mold and Stain remover. There are other brands that work also, the key is the Stain Remover part. Spray it on and wait for the stain to disappear. If there is still some discoloration, go to your local auto parts store and get so SEM fabric spray, you can re-color the seats to look like new. West Marine and other Marine outlets also sell SEM in a varity of colors.
      Hino W06
      St. Louis, MO
      ”It’s A Wonderful Life”

Comment

The P.O. of my boat told me the best thing he ever found to get rid of mold on vinyl seats is the chlorine used to keep a pool clear of algae.

Put some on a rag and the mold will come right out. Once the mold disappears wash the vinyl down.
        Dan
        Frostbite Falls, Minnesota
        Claudia V. III
        1988 - 3218
        Gas Drives

Comment

Working...
        X