Boat resale value-gctid801503

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat resale value-gctid801503

So I have my project boat nearly done. The only thing left is to recarpet the interior. It has a large front birth area but the vertical supports were fiber glassed in. I reduced the front birth area from a king size to about a large queen size to accommodate bench seating so that there is more room for people to sit in it for eating or what ever. Before it literally had booth seating that was incredibly small. Now we aren't elbow to elbow. But with cutting into the fiberglassed wood to do this I wonder if it damaged the resale value any. Can I get opinions? There was no contact made with the hull and there is no stress on the hull. I only put screws into the floor top and part of the front birth vertical front wall. I have included photos of before, during, and after.

Attached files

1994 Bayliner Capri 1850, 3 liter Mercruiser, 9.9 Johnson kicker.
    1987 Wellcraft Antigua 265, Mercruiser 383 Stroker V8.
    Pulls with Ext. Cab 2006 GMC Sierra 2500 HD

It looks great. If you didn't cut or alter anything that would compromise the overall integrity of the boat, then I would just consider this a customization/personlized touch. If that is indeed the case then it will just depend on the person buying your boat. The person who comes to look at your boat may find the modifications even more valuable (just like you did) than the original configuration, so maybe you increased the value? Will be hard to say until you go to sell it and talk to the next guy who has his ideas of what he wants from the boat. The great news is that the modifications you have made make it more usable and comfortable for you!
    David W. PDX, OR
    2002 Bayliner 2452XE Ciera
    5.0L Mercruiser (carbed) w/ A1 gen 2 drive
    (14.5"x15" 4-blade Solas Aluminum Prop)
    1984 2070 Explorer w/ Alaskan Bulkhead (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
    X