3288 Lower berth wet floor-gctid801402

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3288 Lower berth wet floor-gctid801402

After the big rain this week my lower berth floor was wet. I found water dripping inside the hanging closet. I waited for the rain to stop and turned my boat around to take the black plexiglass off the back corner. The previous owner did work replacing the wood that shows in the inner corner of the cockpit. Photos show the black plexiglass off. Previous work wasn't sealed very well with black butyl tape. I dried the wood as best I could for now and sealed with silicone all around the window frame.

Attached files

1988 3218
    Triple “O"
    Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

After seeing yours, I best remove mine and reseal.
    "Martini's Law"
    1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

It's raining again. I woke up early to check the hanging closet. Water is dripping into the bucket I left there. Time to look for other sources of the leak.
      1988 3218
      Triple “O"
      Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

I would check the aluminium window tracks to make sure that they are not clogged with bugs or leaves.

They act as gutters and will overspill inside the boat. The water could easily follow to the closet.
        CapMartin, Montr├®al
        "Belle de Dalhousie"
        1986 3270
        Volvo BB225B

Comment

"CapMartin" post=801437 wrote:
          I would check the aluminium window tracks to make sure that they are not clogged with bugs or leaves.

They act as gutters and will overspill inside the boat. The water could easily follow to the closet.
          I cleaned out the window tracks before resealing the black plexiglass .
          1988 3218
          Triple “O"
          Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

Joe,

I found mine was the very small triangle piece of wood above the plexiglass. Took it off and it was wide open. Had leaks on both sides.

Dean

Comment

"dpeery" post=801649 wrote:
              Joe,

I found mine was the very small triangle piece of wood above the plexiglass. Took it off and it was wide open. Had leaks on both sides.

Dean
              I was at the boat again today. I saw a small triangle piece of wood on top of the window frame. The wood was wet, so that is my next area to work on. I think the water is going over the top of the window frame and entering from the backside.
              1988 3218
              Triple “O"
              Hino diesels

Seadoo Wake 170

Comment

My black plexiglass is cracked on my 3288. No water in the master berth that shows but after the 2 months of record rainfall in the Pacific Northwest...might be time to replace and reseal.

Thanks for the post!
                "Scandia Lady"
                1990 Bayliner 3288. Twin 135 Hinos.
                Westshore Marina
                Gig Harbor, WA

*1975 Glasply
                135 Evinrude E-Tec mounted on an Armstrong Engine mount.
                Greater Puget Sound
                *1992 Ski Nautique
                351 Ford
                Lake Tapps, WA

Comment

"joe440" post=801681 wrote:
                  "dpeery" post=801649 wrote:
                  Joe,

Dean
                  I was at the boat again today. I saw a small triangle piece of wood on top of the window frame. The wood was wet, so that is my next area to work on. I think the water is going over the top of the window frame and entering from the backside.
                  If you have the window channel flocking above the black panel, remove it. I had a leak on the opposite side that took me months to figure out. Rain was dripping over the window frame and wicking up and in between the black panel and the wood panel in side the salon. No leaks since removing the flocking.
                  "Martini's Law"
                  1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
                  Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Working...
                  X