1987 Bayliner 2855-gctid801043

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Bayliner 2855-gctid801043

First Time Boat owner ! Found and older ( 1987 2855 ) in great running shape with descent hull and a very dated interior

My PLAN is to " GUT" the interior down to the Hull and replace the Nasty and Very Ugly Dated Carpet looking crap on

the walls and ceiling.

The purple colors are driving me nuts. And the sink and counter top has got to go. Very poor design. The Two burner

stove is wasting a lot of space.

I have ideas of installing a very shallow drop ceiling using 19/32 plywood and covering with a wood backed stained veneer.

My biggest question ! Does anyone have suggestions as to how best to install/fasten to the roof of the cabin..

Thanks in advance

Ed HArvey

Boats under 32 feet in length have a premium on headroom. The Contessa (the boat you are referring to) is one of the roomiest 28 footers ever made, but putting a drop ceiling in that boat would be ill advised. Instead, I would recommend some vinyl padding like you see on some higher end current boats. Some of us have done that (I have not) and you might even find a thread in the projects forum.
    Matt Train
    BOC Site Team
    Chicagoland, IL

Comment

That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the idea. I will tell the wife it was my idea LOL

Ed

Comment

"Captnfrisbee" post=801083 wrote:
        That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the idea. I will tell the wife it was my idea LOL

Ed
        You're smart. You are going to be a great addition - er I mean you will fit in well here.

:P
        Matt Train
        BOC Site Team
        Chicagoland, IL

Comment

Working...
        X