Mold from Monkey fur-gctid800882

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mold from Monkey fur-gctid800882

Does anyone know the best way to get mold out of the monkey fur on the walls in the master or anywhere on the boat?

Thaks

Bill

I had good luck with Oxyclean Gel. Get the stuff that had the knurled rubber top. Get the fur wet and scrub with the applicator then rinse off. Repeat as needed.

Terry
    1999 Bayliner 3388
    Twin Cummins 4BTA
    Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
    Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks for in input but how do you RINSE it? Its attached to the walls and cant be removed?

Comment

I've had good luck with this, FOLEX 32-oz Carpet Cleaner for general cleaning of carpets and fabrics. It's available at the big box home improvement stores for less than $6. If this doesn't do the job a 10% bleach and water solution on a sponge or in a spray bottle should do the trick.

Mike
        2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
        2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
        2000 Ciera 2455 sold
        Redmond, Washington
        The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

I removed all the monkey fur on the boat except the fwd stateroom, we used a rental carpet/furniture shampoo machine on it, works great,

The ceiling in the salon was done with cream color fiberglass bathroom paneling from Lowes.

The port head was done in white bathroom paneling as was the shower, both staterooms sliding doors were walled up for privacy, it looks much cleaner now.
          Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
          Twin 350 GM power
          Located in Seward, AK
          Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Spray bottle full of diluted Oxy-Clean and a shop vac. Spray on until soaked and vacuum away excess moisture. Don't scrub you get pilling, just flood the area and repeat if necessary. It works amazingly.
            Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

"billfnh" post=800885 wrote:
              Thanks for in input but how do you RINSE it? Its attached to the walls and cant be removed?
              I just used a cloth and clean water and it disappeared. The shopvac idea is good. The rubber applicator on the gel bottle is smooth and I didn't find that it caused any pilling. It helps apply the product deeper into the fabric.
              Terry
              1999 Bayliner 3388
              Twin Cummins 4BTA
              Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
              Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

Comment

I did some sections last week.

I used oxyclean spray and scrubbed a bit, then used a Bissell carpet shampooer (Little Green Machine) to remove the cleaner and rinse.

The small darker staining came pretty clean, some completely. Overall the sections I did clean are quite noticeable now. I now have a bigger job on my hands; I now have to do all of it. I thought it looked really clean before...

With this method it removes all soap like residue.

1995 Bayliner 3587
                Twin Hino 250HP
                Located In Sidney BC, Canada

Comment

The nice thing about a sprayer (I used a garden variety) is you can flood the area and it soaks way down into the fur and pulls away everything that holds a smell. That works well on auto carpets as well.
                  Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

"SomeSailor" post=800926 wrote:
                    The nice thing about a sprayer (I used a garden variety) is you can flood the area and it soaks way down into the fur and pulls away everything that holds a smell. That works well on auto carpets as well.
                    When I shampooed mine, my sweetheart did spray it prior to shampooing, great idea it works.
                    Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                    Twin 350 GM power
                    Located in Seward, AK
                    Retired marine surveyor

Comment

In UK we have Dettol Mould and Mildew remover, which contains bleach. Used carefully, and rinsed off quickly, it does a great job on this type of problem. Leave it too long and it will "bleach" the colour, but if you pay attention it is great.
                      A lifetime of racing everything from dinghies to world girdlers, but one of those lucky people who just love being afloat. So .... when the body doesn't work like before, it doesn't mean staying ashore.
                      Blustery Day
                      Bayliner 3288 Motoryacht, 1991.
                      Twin Hino 150hp diesels.
                      Purchased 23 February 2017

Comment

Thanks again for all the great comments. I will try the spray and then carpet cleaner. My wfe has that bissel. I will report back when its done to let you all know how well ornot well it goes. Thanks again!

Comment

Mold Armor is the best.
                          Joon, Kathy, Jaden & Tristan
                          Uniflite 42 AC, DD 671N
                          93 3058 sold
                          92 2855 (day boat)
                          91 Fourwinns 205 (lake boat)
                          Longbranch WA
                          Life is Good

Comment

I rinsed mine with a hose. And I used a 5 gallon bucket with laundry detergent and a sponge. Mine was bad. I had to leave for 3 months on short notice so didn't get to winterize.

So on a sunny spring day I jacked the trailer tounge really high and went to town. Took the whole weekend to scrub all the mold out of my 2252 but it looked very clean and fresh after. I left the heater on full blast with all doors closed for a few days to dry it out.
                            Esteban
                            Huntington Beach, California
                            2018 Element 16
                            Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida
                            Former Bayliners: 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Working...
                            X