ugh.... this site got me again.....B. O. A. T. Literally.-gctid396558

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh.... this site got me again.....B. O. A. T. Literally.-gctid396558

Just pulled the trigger on my new Honda EU2000i. I really do need to keep a tally on what you have all cost me.

I go pick it up after work today.... hmmm.... seems to be right before I go on vacation for a week too... amazing timing.

Now - this goes in the engine compartment right? :kidding

Devildog9999 wrote:

Now - this goes in the engine compartment right? :kidding
    According to some, yes......., and right next to your gas powered chain saw and fuel containers!

Congrats on the Honda. From what most say, these are great!
    Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

You'll use it more then just on the boat! & Dont lend it out!

Comment

Now - this goes in the engine compartment right?
        Of course, you have to ask ? Have you learned nothing from this site regarding generators ?Soon you will find yourself starting it just to hear how quite it is. Wives don't understand this, good luck trying to explain it to her.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]disclaimernever put a generator in the engine compartment)
        " WET EVER "
        1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
        mmsi 338108404
        mmsi 338124956
        "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

dktool wrote:
          Of course, you have to ask ? Have you learned nothing from this site regarding generators ?Soon you will find yourself starting it just to hear how quite it is. Wives don't understand this, good luck trying to explain it to her.

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]disclaimernever put a generator in the engine compartment)
          Well, the wife.... Never thought of that. She may want to know why I spent a Grand... AGAIN. Perhaps flowers and maybe a small token of jewelry are in order.

Comment

Well, the wife.... Never thought of that.
            Don't worry, when you hand her a cup of drip coffee and a nice piece of toast she will get it.

That's how I do it. Buy now, explain later with a sample of the goodness it provides.

She may want to know why I spent a Grand.
            Also, remember the " I got it for half price " logic, you didn't really spend a grand, right ?? (wink wink)
            " WET EVER "
            1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
            mmsi 338108404
            mmsi 338124956
            "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

Devildog9999 wrote:
              Well, the wife.... Never thought of that. She may want to know why I spent a Grand... AGAIN. Perhaps flowers and maybe a small token of jewelry are in order.
              real men know that it's less trouble to ask forgiveness, than ask permission:worth

pat

Comment

HeadinSouth wrote:
                real men know that it's less trouble to ask forgiveness, than ask permission:worth

pat
                and are denied, then if you go ahead and do it anyhow, prepare to live on the boat afterwards, or as someone else here said, talk with your dog about sharing his/her house for awhile.:worth
                1990 2755 - sold
                2005 275 - sold (now boatless)

Comment

but sometimes it is even more difficult to avoid using a given permission! Yesterday my admiral wanted me to trade our boat up! Took me all day to convince her that the one we have is just fine and I am not sure that the battle is over.

Fortunately our tow vehicle limits the maximum size to ~17ft (max 3500lbs fully loaded) but I am pretty sure that next weekend I have to argue again.

Comment

kjs wrote:
                    but sometimes it is even more difficult to avoid using a given permission! Yesterday my admiral wanted me to trade our boat up! Took me all day to convince her that the one we have is just fine and I am not sure that the battle is over.

Fortunately our tow vehicle limits the maximum size to ~17ft (max 3500lbs fully loaded) but I am pretty sure that next weekend I have to argue again.
                    If you move up to 40 ft., towing ceases to be an issue! Just keep it in the water.

Comment

Picked it up, and tried it out with the boat... You have got to be frigging kidding me! It runs everything on the boat at once minus the stove. Does run the Stove and the laptop with no issues as well. quiet? Holy hell is it quiet... even all of the videos online do this thing no justice. You can barely hear it running.

The place I bought it from unboxed it, filled the oil, filled the Gas Tank and then brought it and me outside and taught me how to use it. I have never seen such service in my life. I did pay a bit more than some of you did - $1078 after tax. Still - the quality, the service, and the overall satisfaction of being able to use my boat anywhere with all amenities is BY FAR is worth more than the cost.

Thanks to all of the popcorn makers and current owners for all of the insightful and sometimes melodramatic threads! Another happy customer. If anyone is local to the Buffalo / Niagara areas of upstate NY - PM me and I will pass on where I got it in case you are looking for a full service shop.

Comment

If you really need to justify a boat buck.

Start discounting the stuff you can leave at home or don't need to buy. The inverter eats up house batteries that take forever to recharge. The extra house batterys don't need to be replaced, All that weak 12v stuff can be replaced with AC products. The spare alternator can be left at home.The microwave becomes a good kitchen appliance, The refrigerater gets cooler. The fuel saved by not using the engine to charge the batteries is money and weight.

There is the piece of mind of not having to watch the battery meter as close and planning your outings much differently without the V8 rumbeling in the background.

Having it home during a power failure is neet.

The payback for your investment isn't very long.

You might have figured out that I'm a believer just be careful with the CO
                        Carl

Comment

You guys are rookies..... you do not need to ask for forgiveness, you just have to tell her it is OK to take a shower while you are at anchor. Really go ahead honey the Honda will keep the water hot!!!!.

Comment

Nakalat wrote:
                            If you move up to 40 ft., towing ceases to be an issue! Just keep it in the water.
                            yeah, but then I have problems on the lake. Might have to go all the way back in reverse as the turn radius would be to big :kidding

Comment

Working...
                            X