wild day at the marina-gctid396499

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wild day at the marina-gctid396499

as many of you know my wife lives most of the summer in the boat and i work 3000 miles away for 20 days a month. so i get this frantic call from her that an older gentleman got in the marina with a small tug boat turned into a pleasure boat and people suspect he hit our boat. so she checked it over and found a foot long scrape in the gelcoat . this tugboat was all over the place and near hit 2 more boats before he got docked . i told her to calm down before she went over to see this guy and to also get my brother to go with her . the man was apolegetic and said he would be over to look at the scratch in about 10 minutes but he really didnt think he had hit it. now wifey is mad and she goes back to the boat to wait and she calls me to vent , but during the rant an aquanitance of mine comes over and tells my wife he was looking for her because he had just ran into our boat and it was him who put the scratch on our boat and wanted to know what arangements he could make to fix it. she now has to go back to the older gentleman and apolagize:surr , but as i always say in any incident we have to learn from it.

It's good to have honest friends, and even better to be one. She should go apologize, but take your brother, so there is no misinterpretation...
    Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    |
    Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
    2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
    2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
    2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
    2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
    And 12 others...
    In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

jeffw wrote:
      It's good to have honest friends, and even better to be one. She should go apologize, but take your brother, so there is no misinterpretation...
      she did apoligize humbly

Comment

That sure is a small boat to have that much drama!:kidding
        David
        http://www.cambridgeadvertising.org
        http://www.davidladewig.com

Comment

A solid example that it never helps to get too emotional about material things. Egg on the face is much harder to wipe off if it's fried.

Comment

i think i have thrown my poor wife to the wolves. a little more info came today the older gentleman did hit another boat further up the marina and no insurance as he was just trying to tie up in spots where he didnt fit . there were two people who thought he hit our boat and two people who actually had to get on our boat to hold him off. mind you this is an old steel tugboat very heavy and hard to manouver. he was not a marina member he was having electrical issues and he is a nice gentleman with limited boating experience. all is well now

Comment

The scratch has been buffed out but my brother noticed the rub rail is popped. i knew it wouldnt be this easy. i will be home tomorrow to check it out. i am directly across from the fuel dock it is a perfect berth except for that

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/700454=29353-2012-06-09 06.05.34.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X