Cleaning teak carpet?-gctid797083

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning teak carpet?-gctid797083

Hey guys, anyone have a good experience for cleaning the teak carpet coming on the190 deck boats?

For those who have the deck boat with the white (I think you can change the color of it on the 2016s) baking soda and vinegar cleans it better than anything I have found. I had 2 rust stains from something I laid on the boat and thought I would be stuck with the stains forever. Baking soda and vinegar mixed together in a paste and left on it for a day took care of it. I now use it to clean the swim platforms. Works better and quicker than anything else I've found.

But the damn teak mat carpet--an otter got on the boat and made a mess. Anything y'all mention I'll try.

2016 190 Deck Boat

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Arkansas
    2016 190 Deck Boat
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    Arkansas

Are you taking about the Teak Sea Deck flooring? That rubber not carpet. If so I used soap and water and brush and scrub it clean. I have also use my Power washer on it while cleaning and it was fine. But with any power washer you need to be careful. You may want to contact Sea Deck an see if they can make a recommendation.
    2016 Bayliner 215 Deck Boat
    Mercruiser 4.3 220 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

2003 SeaRay 176 SRX Bowrider
    Mercruiser 3.0 135 HP Alpha 1 Gen II

1988 Sunbird 170 Bowrider
    Evinrude 88 Special

1970 Salem Skiff 13.5 foot
    1992 Johnson 40HP.

Comment

You helped me out last year and I'm pretty sure it's the same stuff you got. Are you sure that's rubber? If it is, mine is too soft for a power washer for sure! And while cleaning up the otter crap, it left a little stain that I scrubbed with dawn and water. Now I have a little stain from the dawn!
      2016 190 Deck Boat
      150 Mercury 4 stroke
      Arkansas

Comment

Working...
      X