94-2000 2855?-gctid796578

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94-2000 2855?-gctid796578

Hi Everybody! Need some advice about the 2855 Bayliner model. It looks like the 1994-2000 2855 is about the same? What differences are there

and what should be looked at as problem areas of this model? There appears to be quite a few of these for sale and the Admiral really likes the layout.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, JC
    Looking for my next boat. Down sizing!
    SE KY & Key Largo
    1998 Sea Ray 450 DA (Sold)
    2005 Glacier Bay 2685 (Sold)

We have a 96 2855 that is our first cruiser. As usual, after purchasing it I noticed the changes made in 97. I like the rear deck layout more then ours. Our rear seat pulls out from under the L lounge on the port side and our seat back is stationary. I much prefer the swing back style of the 97 plus the seat mounted on the transom. The other thing I like more is the micro wave location on the 97. I must admit we love our boat and it has served us very well. We did put a swim platform on it mid season last year as well as an underwater light. I don't think you can wrong with any range year 2855 that you are looking in. We have had ours 2 seasons and had zero problems. Best of luck!

Comment

97 and up for cockpit layout would be my suggestion.

Comment

The 2855 from 1994 onward is one of Bayliners best overall boats IMO. I had a 96 2855 and it was the best overall performing boat I have owned to date. It was an excellent rough water boat.
        Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
        West River Yacht & Cruising Club
        www.wrycc.com

Comment

Guys, Thank you so much. That is the information I was looking for! Again I appreciate you taking the time to help. JC

BTW, If anyone else has other thoughts please chime in.
          SE KY & Key Largo

Comment

We bought our 2004 285 last year and really like it a lot. It is pretty economical with the single 350 MPI and BIII. Most of the time we are on Lake Washington and the Ship Canal, but even on the sound trimmed out it's not bad for a boat this size. The boat also handles well at slow speeds and maneuvering around the docks in the marina. The boat lives big for its size. Yup it's a great model and size.

Mike
            2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
            2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
            2000 Ciera 2455 sold
            Redmond, Washington
            The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

Anybody else? Want all the info I can get. Boat shopping in earnest right now. Thanks, JC
              SE KY & Key Largo

Comment

What is your location? Advice will differ based on many factors, such as salt or fresh water, climate, method of storage, etc.
                Jeff & Tara
                (And Ginger too)
                Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                "Sea Ya"
                Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Really like my 2003 285...boat seems much larger beam carries forward pretty well...only thing I would change on it is to not have the deck slope forward so much this would give much more headroom further into the vberth...smaller 26 footers from other manufacturers seem to have flatter decks more forward but this is a minor complaint and my only one...really love the private aft cabin a feature that I have never seen in other 28 footers...the 350 with bravo3 cruises this boat nicely and is a dream to handle at the dock

Comment

I've had mine for about 2 seasons on lake Huron in Michigan. Love the boat. only thing i wish mine had was factory air. I'm going to add it this spring before it goes in the water. last year i added some really nice electronics and radar. Big safety improvement.

Attached files

Comment

Guys I can not tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to tell me your experiences with the 2855 model.

It looks like to me the satisfaction is very high from owners. Really looking hard now. A little worried about transom

and the mechanical stuff but thats what surveys are for. Any of you trailer your 2855? Thanks, JC
                      SE KY & Key Largo

Comment

I have a tri-axle bunk trailer for mine. only use it for winter storage. and i only go 15 miles.

Comment

No trailer or big truck to pull the boat and trailer. We keep ours in the water at the marina. Fifteen minutes to the marina, ten minute check out and warm up and we are off to have some fun. Even just hanging out on the boat at the marina and talking to the rest of the boat nuts is a fun time. If you are on the trailer I would guess that 2-3 hours of your outing will be spent dealing with the process from start to finish. Now if you only have a 6 hour window that's half your day. I'd rather spend the moorage money and be on the water all the time.

Mike
                          2004 Bayliner 285 350 MPI Bravo III
                          2007 Bayliner 192 Discovery 3.0 135HP (sold)
                          2000 Ciera 2455 sold
                          Redmond, Washington
                          The one on the Left (Wet) Coast

Comment

Working...
                          X