Leaving for Canada from Shilshole at 8am sharp Saturday-gctid395843

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving for Canada from Shilshole at 8am sharp Saturday-gctid395843

8am probably means 9.30, but dad can hope right? Taking the admiral and the little one up to Bedwell on South Pender to meet Grandpa and his 42ft. Going to head North for 7-8 days, head back to Anacortes for 2 and then leave the boat in grandpas slip while he plays around further north until the first week of August. He's even letting us borrow his car so we don't have to worry about getting back to Seattle without the boat! Very excited, and a little nervous too! We have 10 nights planned, which is definitely going to push our longest trip of 2 nights thusfar!

I cooked all day today...3.5lbs of beef brisket tacos, 2lbs bacon, 2lbs sausage, mushu pork, par boiled brats and carmelized onions, marinated flank steak, enchiladas. All should be easy to throw on the griddle that fits on top of the grill without much hassle.

Planning on bringing a couple things out of the norm:

5 gallons of gas for the dink (+4 from the norm)

25lbs of dry ice to help keep the meat frozen

8 little bottle of propane for the grill (I'm pretty sure this will be way overkill)

Canadian paper charts

Canadian pre-paid data SIM card

What else am I forgetting? We plan to spend most of our time on the hook as that's grandpas pref, although I think a marina might be in our future for one or two nights. Wondering if I should go buy a Honda E2000 tomorrow off of craigslist....

Have fun! We're heading out tomorrow as well. You should be able to tap power right off your Dad's boat if you guys raft up. That's always fun anyhow. Weather should be better after tomorrow.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

Beverages? Blender? :hypnotysed:

Comment

Passport?
        Bill and Janice
        Chatham, Ontario, Canada
        1988 2455 Ciera

Comment

If any of your crew like wearing either Boston Bruins or LA Kings clothing, I'd consider leaving the gear at home

John

Comment

And don't forget the courtesy flag, eh.

Feel free to bring better weather with you. Otherwise, bring your parka.

Comment

aa2300 wrote:
              8am probably means 9.30, but dad can hope right? Taking the admiral and the little one up to Bedwell on South Pender to meet Grandpa and his 42ft. Going to head North for 7-8 days, head back to Anacortes for 2 and then leave the boat in grandpas slip while he plays around further north until the first week of August. He's even letting us borrow his car so we don't have to worry about getting back to Seattle without the boat! Very excited, and a little nervous too! We have 10 nights planned, which is definitely going to push our longest trip of 2 nights thusfar!

I cooked all day today...3.5lbs of beef brisket tacos, 2lbs bacon, 2lbs sausage, mushu pork, par boiled brats and carmelized onions, marinated flank steak, enchiladas. All should be easy to throw on the griddle that fits on top of the grill without much hassle.

8 little bottle of propane for the grill (I'm pretty sure this will be way overkill)

Canadian paper charts

What else am I forgetting? We plan to spend most of our time on the hook as that's grandpas pref, although I think a marina might be in our future for one or two nights. Wondering if I should go buy a Honda E2000 tomorrow off of craigslist....
              Good call on the dry ice... I have a cruising planner for packing that you may want to download and review...

Its on this page center top: http://www.doug-cook.com/cruise.htm You may want to check out the kmz files I have there also... there is one for San Juans/Desolation Sound and one for Broughton Archipelago... though I doubt you will need that second one... have fun...

may see you up there someplace. We head to Port Townsend on Sunday (unless I can convince the Adm about Saturday), be in Friday Harbor 2-5 July and then someplaces in Canada till mid month we think... Then home for two weeks, then up to the Broughton Archipelago for two more weeks then fishing Barclay Sound for a week...
              Doug ;}
              MMSI: 338068776
              "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

You can get real beer when you get to canada

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
                  You can get real beer when you get to canada
                  I know you dint just say that! LOL they only way to get real beer in Canada is to buy the imports. LOL

Comment

cowboyshootist wrote:
                    I know you dint just say that! LOL they only way to get real beer in Canada is to buy the imports. LOL
                    Plus one on that!

Canadian beer costs twice as much (in Vancouver) and it's half as good!;raseberry

I have 3 microbrews within stumbling distance and there is no comparison.

Now nightlife in Vancouver, thats another story.

Comment

aa2300 wrote:

Canadian paper charts

You're forgetting me.

I can help you get through Customs.:arr

Comment

+1 on the microbreweries in Bellingham but since I don't trust a beer I can see through, I did find a great beer from Victoria. That Long Boat Chocolate Porter is a beer you can sink your teeth into.

We bring wine but buy beer when we travel into Canada eh?

We also are planning a trip into the Gulf Islands late August. There is some great boating up there.

Have a good time!

Corky
                        1992 3688
                        Bellingham

Comment

Working...
                        X