ping carlos - 3055 loud genny idea-gctid395804

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ping carlos - 3055 loud genny idea-gctid395804

Just wanted to post this for you and other 3055 guys without a hush box.

Apparently this owner agreed with you on the genny noise, I wonder if this would help out?

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...Ciera-99105294

Sorry, I'm not seeing what you're talking about in that ad. Looks like the same generator I have, though oddly, it is mounted much farther aft than mine. Mine is up against the bulkhead.

Maybe you posted the wrong link?

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
      Sorry, I'm not seeing what you're talking about in that ad. Looks like the same generator I have, though oddly, it is mounted much farther aft than mine. Mine is up against the bulkhead.

Maybe you posted the wrong link?
      I had sorted that he moved the genny further back, possibly to reduce noise? Maybe moving it and adding dynamat to the bulkhead wall could help reduce sound and vibration? Also easier access to the front of the port engine, just a thought.

Comment

That pic looks about like where mine is mounted.

Comment

Maybe it's a year thing? When I look at his position, it seems like it would be harder to work on the engines. Mine leaves a lot of room, and that one looks like the typical squeezed-in fitment. Things like spark plugs would suck.

Comment

it could be, all the gens I saw were mounted next to the bulkhead, including the ones with a hush box. Thats on about 8-10 boats I looked at.

Comment

I know mine was pulled by the PO at one point, so they may have repositioned it. I will look this weekend. I find the position to be fine, 6'4" 250, I am agile like an elephant.

I will take a pic.

Comment

Working...
              X