01-05 2855 eisenglass enclosure-gctid394576

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01-05 2855 eisenglass enclosure-gctid394576

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, and how you have corrected it:

When it rains the rear quarter panels that connect to the radar arch do not do a good job of keeping out the rain. There is rubber striping all along where it snaps to the arch, but the rain still drips down heavy along the bottom of the arch. I've had these replaced since the boat was new, but the new set seems even worse than the first. Like I said there is rubber striping all along that side, and it seems to fit tight, but in a decent rain...forget it!

I had a '96 2855 and a friend of mine gave me a piece of semi rigid piece of plastic track which when cut open at the top created a gutter for the arch. Worked pretty decent.

Comment

Seaquel wrote:
      I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue, and how you have corrected it:

When it rains the rear quarter panels that connect to the radar arch do not do a good job of keeping out the rain. There is rubber striping all along where it snaps to the arch, but the rain still drips down heavy along the bottom of the arch. I've had these replaced since the boat was new, but the new set seems even worse than the first. Like I said there is rubber striping all along that side, and it seems to fit tight, but in a decent rain...forget it!
      Seaquel: We had a 2005 285 for 3 years. Had the same issue. During the rainy summer season here in Florida, we left the carpets off the boat. After each rain, I just dried-up the rainwater as best as I could. It seems that the factory must not spend any time water testing these boats. Our 325 is drier than the 285 was, but I had to personally rundown a half dozen minor rainwater leaks. The fit and quality of the 325/340 camper pack is quite a bit improved over our 285's camper pack. Good luck with your boat. Griff

Comment

trich11 wrote:
        I had a '96 2855 and a friend of mine gave me a piece of semi rigid piece of plastic track which when cut open at the top created a gutter for the arch. Worked pretty decent.
        Sounds interesting, I'd like to see what you are referring to

Comment

Working...
        X