Intro and some questions/help needed-gctid394495

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro and some questions/help needed-gctid394495

As a form of introduction, let me say I am helping a very good friend try to sell his boat. No, I am not a spambot, or some other form of lowlife, I am simply trying to help a very good friend sell a boat he has no need for. He does not own a computer, has no internet access, and comes to me when he needs that kind of assistance.

Long story short, my friend made a foolish decision about 4 or 5 years ago (against my advice to the contrary) and ended up owning a boat he never wanted to have. Without going into all the gory details of how that happened, the simple explanation is he got burned by a long time friend and former employer. The end result being he got stuck with that guy's boat. As the saying goes, bad things happen to good people, and it did.

My friend is a "give you the shirt off his back" kind of guy, and I'd do the same for him anytime. So, when he asked me to help him sell this boat, I couldn't refuse.

I've been searching for info, as no paperwork came with the boat, and have found most everything to document what it is, how it is equipped, and condition of accessories. If anyone can help me place a good value on this package, or offer any helpful advice, I am truly appreciative.

So, here's what I know:

2000 Bayliner 2858 Command Bridge

7.4l Bravo III w/SS Mercury props

12,000lb King tri-axle galvanized trailer model# KBT12000B3

Fiberglass hard top

Fire extinguisher system in engine compartment

Main & auxiliary fuel tanks 113gals/50gals

6gal hot water heater

Fresh water holding tank (size unknown)

Waste holding tank (size unknown)

Hot water furnace

Origo alcohol/electric stove

Norcold AC/DC fridge/freezer

Jabsco head w/macerator

Power windlass, anchor, chain & rode

Statpower battery charger

Dual batteries (new)

Dual VHF

SI-Tex chartplotter

Humminbird Wide 3D Paramount FF

Sony Explod CD player (XM ready)

There's more, but I don't know what was standard equipment and what was added later. There is no hour meter, so no clue to hours. I did get a motor/outdrive/transom report from a Mercury tech that shows services performed through 9/03. I do know the motor and outdrive were serviced this year and the bottom paint is brand new. There is a Furuno Radar (model 1621 Mk II), but the display is shot so I don't know whether the antenna is functional. Have to track that down with Furuno. Other than the radar, everything works well.

I've tried searching boat pricing guides, but NADA really isn't very user friendly IMO.

Since this is my first post, I don't want to offend anyone by posting a pic. If someone tells me it's ok, I'll post some in a reply. Boat is currently stored at my place near Spokane, WA.

I own a 20' Hewescraft and am a strong supporter in the respective owner's forum, but Bayliner is not something I know about, so I'm hoping, collectively, this group of owners can help us out.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Phil

Phil, welcome on board! This is a very friendly and helpful forum and you may stay longer than you expected as owning a Bayliner isn't mandatory and there are a lot of members with different brand boats.

As you will know the value of boats differs significantly based on condition, size (in some areas larger ones sell better, in others not) and usage. As an example you didn't mention whether it's a salt water boat (I assume from your location). This would also lead to the question whether it's raw water cooled or not.

Posting pictures would help a lot to see the condition of the boat as a 2000 model can be in almost perfect shape (mine is a 1996 which was only used a total of 1 year when I got it) or already ready for the salvage yard....

Comment

Here is a link with the NADA value:

http://www.nadaguides.com/Boats/2000...dard-Equipment

I did not put any "options" into the value. The windlass would be an option, and could add value to the boat. The Radar is as well, but since its operation is unknown I did not include it either. This value does not include the trailer. The trailer could be worth several thousand, depending upon condition.

If you friend is serious about selling and since it does not appear he knows the condition of the boat, a survey may be in order. Yes, it will cost several hundred dollars but it would give him a true idea of the condition, and could be a selling point to a buyer if there is a survey in hand.

Good luck with the sale.
      Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
      1998 3055 Ciera
      (yes, a 1998)
      Previous boat: 1993 3055
      Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
      Sea Doo XP
      Sea Doo GTI SE
      Life is short. Boats are cool.
      The family that plays together stays together.
      Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks for the feedback and warm welcome.I ran the boat through NADA and came up with $34,495 with all the options offered at NADA. There are other options (not on NADA) I'll need to determine value for to come up with a good ball park price.Trailer value via NADA is sketchy, but comes in at $3,500 for a "generic" triple axle trailer.Boat has not been run in salt water the past 6 years, but it has been in the salt. As I recall, this boat may have come down from AK, but I have no way to confirm that. Spokane is near the Idaho border and the coast is 300 miles west with the Cascade range in-between.Here are a few pictures so you can see what it looks like.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/698170=29073-bayliner2858.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/698170=29074-bliner1.jpg[/img]

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/698170=29075-bliner2.jpg[/img]Phil

Comment

welcome to the zoo phil.....I'm not exactly sure what it would be worth but it looks like a nice boat..sans the radar which can be fixed......

good luck helping out with the sale.....

:arr ar

Comment

Here's a link to a few comps on Yachtworld.com

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...dedSelected=-1

You can search for asking prices on other internet boat seller sites by using Google. Type in the year, make and model and hit enter. This will give you an idea what other similarly equipped boats are being offered for.

Be prepared to take much less than the asking price...

Comment

The part about ".....no paperwork came with the boat" caught my eye. Does your friend have legal title to the boat and legal title to the trailer?

Comment

Working...
              X