boat cover support and reinforcement points-gctid394421

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boat cover support and reinforcement points-gctid394421

I'd like to use velcro for pole attachment points on my boat cover and also attach some reinforcement material to the cover at the windshield and bimini top anchor points. Can anyone suggest the best adhesive for this. The adhesive backing on most velcro becomes soft when exposed to the heat of the sun and slides around. Anyone have adhesive suggestions? Thanks.

if your meaning for a centre support for an all over cover your in the best country to buy a vented support look here; http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boat-Cover-P...ff46c8&vxp=mtr and you could put some plumbing pipe insulation around a windscreen.

maybe the english may differ a little but hope this may help you out.

Comment

I bought the vented pole supports in the above post (they were posted in another thread on the same topic), and I like them alot. I keep the front cover on when I pull the boat on the trailer, and it holds the pole much more securely.

I took my two covers to a car upolsterer who also does some occasional work for boats. He added extra material to the stress points and also repaired and reinforced some of the snaps which were causing some tearing in the fabric from stress -- it looks great and cost less than $100.

Comment

thanks for the replies but don't want to put holes in the cover. Been using tension poles with rubber ends but they occationally slide out with heavy winds. Anyone else know of a good adhesive to use.

Comment

Working...
        X