Magma Newport - how(39)s the regulator attach?-gctid394315

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magma Newport - how(39)s the regulator attach?-gctid394315

I have a Magma Newport that came with the boat... never used it as I never got around to cleaning the gunk out of it, but now I'd like to and went to use it only to realize there's no regulator. On the right side where it'd be, there is a steel tube which obviously goes to the burner assembly.I found the regulators online for about $30, but I want to make sure it's right first. Does it just "plug in" to that tube? Or did something break off which is why the regulator isn't present? I don't want to buy it only to find out the other parts are busted.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/697953=29060-33330-LRG.JPG[/img]Thanks in advance!

Turn it 180 degrees from the direction in that picture and it'll slip in... then turn it back and it's locked in place.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

I just finished cleaning mine and it was pretty gummed up! If you use Easy Off oven cleaner let sit for 10-15mins (use gloves) then take an SOS pad and give it a good going over it comes back to almost new condition. I also used some strong degreasing bilge cleaner which helped as well.

Comment

SomeSailor wrote:
        Turn it 180 degrees from the direction in that picture and it'll slip in... then turn it back and it's locked in place.
        Thanks Mike. That'll answer it - I ordered the regulator today, tomorrow I'll be grilling

TrophyTroubles wrote:
        I just finished cleaning mine and it was pretty gummed up! If you use Easy Off oven cleaner let sit for 10-15mins (use gloves) then take an SOS pad and give it a good going over it comes back to almost new condition. I also used some strong degreasing bilge cleaner which helped as well.
        I love Easy Off, I tried this Saturday and got most of it cleaned up and looking great. Have a couple rust stains on the back (not rust from the grill though) I have to get off and everything will look fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Comment

SomeSailor wrote:
          Geez! I didn't know that. I've just slipped in in and it's worked but didn't know it locked in. Thanks! I've always thought it was weird that it wouldn't snap in or something.

Comment

Nehalennia wrote:
            Geez! I didn't know that. I've just slipped in in and it's worked but didn't know it locked in. Thanks! I've always thought it was weird that it wouldn't snap in or something.
            You're lucky it didn't end up in the lake

Comment

ishiboo wrote:
              You're lucky it didn't end up in the lake
              Well it's attached to a propane hose/tank, but yeah, I never knew. Ya learn somthing new every day.

Comment

Nehalennia wrote:
                Well it's attached to a propane hose/tank, but yeah, I never knew. Ya learn somthing new every day.
                Ah... I figured you had a 1lb on it.

Comment

I think on mine if you turn and lock the regulator in first then screw on a bottle the bottle will prevent the regulator from coming out because the bottle hits my boats gunnel.

Comment

Had a friend whose regulator fell overboard as he was putting it on the grill. Now he has a string permanently tied between the regulator and the grill.

Comment

Working...
                    X