Kudos to North Harbor Diesel!-gctid393722

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos to North Harbor Diesel!-gctid393722

I was searching another forum for information on the raw water pump on my Perkins 4.108 engine and came across a thread with a reference to Bill, who works in the parts department of North Harbor Diesel in Anacortes, WA. He was repeatedly referred to as an expert on Perkins engines. I called him with a few general questions; and he took the time to diligently walk me through the process and also provided a plethora of useful information about my engine. He has nearly 50 years experience working with Perkins engines; and being in the middle of boating season and during their busiest time, he took time to give me tons of advice and didn't even give me the impression I (an out-of-area, non-paying, non-customer) was infringing on them. I am very thankful to them for their generosity, and thought I'd pass the word here.

I know there are several BOC members who have sang praises about North Harbor Diesel. I'm glad to join the club.

I have added my praise of NHD before, but their service just gets better and better, nothing is too much trouble for them.

Dianna C wrote the book on customer service, she always responds even after hours or at weekends.

Machog
    1996 4087 Lazy Days
    2011 11’ West Marine Rib 350 Lazy Mac
    2011 Porsche Cayman
    2010 Lexus IS 250C
    2008 Honda Ridgeline

Comment

Hi Astral blue, are you looking for a new pump or to rebuild, I rebuilt the raw water pump on my dad's 4-108 for about $80.00 bucks, when they wanted $380.00 for a new one, very simple to do, I believe the perkins impeller kit, (impeller, brass wedge & gasket) was about $75.00 found the metal cased lip seal (oil seal) at a local bearing house, I don't remember if the bearing was included in the impeller kit or not, Just a little FYI, Doug

Comment

DEK wrote:
        Hi Astral blue, are you looking for a new pump or to rebuild, I rebuilt the raw water pump on my dad's 4-108 for about $80.00 bucks, when they wanted $380.00 for a new one, very simple to do, I believe the perkins impeller kit, (impeller, brass wedge & gasket) was about $75.00 found the metal cased lip seal (oil seal) at a local bearing house, I don't remember if the bearing was included in the impeller kit or not, Just a little FYI, Doug
        Thanks, Doug. I was trying to get advice on whether I should replace the impeller before breaking in the engine. The engine was built in 1982 and was a part of the British Navy's inventory of surplus lifeboat engines. It is old inventory and has never been put into service. While the water pump hasn't been used, the I'm guessing the impeller might be compromised, being 30 years old). I found the pump rebuild kit for less than $60 including shipping for the Jabsco (3200 series) pump. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to take the pump apart to see the condition of the impeller and at the very least, replace the seals.

Comment

Working...
        X