Thinking of buying 1996 Bayliner 2655 Ciera SB-gctid393248

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of buying 1996 Bayliner 2655 Ciera SB-gctid393248

Hey all new to the forum and seeking some help since I am new to the powerboat arena.

I am looking at a 1996 Bayliner 2655 Ciera SB that has about appox 498 hours on it. Motor is a Mercruiser 5.7 250 hp engine alpha one gen.II outdrive. The drive and bellows was serviced last season, and tuned. The guy said that heÔÇÖs owned it for around 11 years and has been winterized every year since he has owned it.

It has a full canvas cockpit cover and full salon enclosures that will be included. It also has a remote spot light and shore power capabilities. There is minor wear and tear on the seats, although I have not seen it in person so I am trying to figure out if it is worth the visit and sea trial.

He is asking $10400 for it and says that is negotiable. The reason for the sale is they just bought a 29ÔÇÖ boat. Beside the hull survey and engine survey what would some of the things that I need to look for before getting the surveys? Is this a decent deal and how well do these boats hold up. Anything else that I may be overlooking just let me know.

Pics

https://plus.google.com/photos/10228...COavwtWYoL2bYQ

Thanks,

Coy

Welcome to the BOC! That's a good boat, you'll like it. Price depends a lot on condition, as you know. Another factor is where you live, fresh vs. salt, etc. You could get a ballpark figure by checking NADA. Bottom line, YOU have to be happy with the price. And you could post pics here...
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Pics added......

Thanks Jeff for the input, it is located in MD so there is a possibility that it did come in contact with salt water. Not for sure.

Coy

Comment

We had the same boat but as a 1998 with a BIII drive. Good price, have a mechanic look at the engine though. With that age there could be some issues with the risers. We really enjoyed ours

Comment

Thanks Bill, I will keep my eye out for the risers and I am definetly going to have someone take a look at the motor.

Comment

The seats look like a little more than minor wear, once they start cracking its time for a re-cover. I had a similar boat (the old 2455) and found it was too small for any more than 3 people for longer rides. Taking the table up and down when staying over night was also a pain for the childs bed.

It depends what you are going to do with it but if you are leaving it in the water and going to use it as a family over nighter you may be getting two-footitis very soon.

The 2855 is a great set-up and you may want to look at one to compare.

Comment

Thanks Special K, so whats a typical recover cost on these boats.

Comment

Around here the L seat and back one would be around 1k give or take. If you take them off and bring them to someone over the winter you can generally get a better price. My seats are in about the same shape so I will be doing mine either this winter or next.

Comment

I purchased a pristine 1999 2655 with the 5.7 and a BIII for 16800 last fall. Trailer, storage cover, mooring cover, and full camper top. The boat had been barely used.

If you can hold out, fall is a great time to buy, and can usually save you a couple thousand dollars. But then again, what does missing a summer out on the water with your family cost?

It's never an easy decision. I owned two boats until a couple weeks ago, but this one was such a good deal we couldn't wait to sell the old one, we had to act. The two best days in a boaters life are the day they buy a boat, and the day they sell one.

Best of luck!

Comment

There's not a lot of fresh boating water in Md except the mid & upper Potomac river. The boat did not appear to have bottom coating on it. Perhaps it was trailered?

I notice it appears to have no A/C. Overnighting in the midatlantic is much more comfortable with A/C & a small generator on the stern.

Those cracked seats might be evidence of extended periods without the covers on. We've got a '97 2355 7 the seats are in excellent shape. But the boat has rarely if ever spent the night or a rainstorm without the covers on.

Don

Comment

Working...
                    X