Recent upgrades to the Bayliner 3055-gctid392807

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent upgrades to the Bayliner 3055-gctid392807

Now that the boat is running smoothly and reliably I've done a few upgrades.

Most recently I purchased to JL Speakers from West Marine..WOW..what a difference. I could have a concert in the cockpit of my boat. They are great.

I also upgraded to 740s Garmin widescreen GPS..haven't gone anywhere yet but man it looks good.

2012 Upgrades

1. New cockpit carpet

2. New seats, upholstery

3. New GPS

4. New cockpit speakers

Were those speakers $199.00 per pair, or per speaker? I'd like to update my speakers and need to double-check costs. Sony and Kenwood make marine speakers that sticker out at less than a hundred dollars per pair. Are the JLs that much better?

Thanks!

Rob

Comment

Yes, they really are that much better. Phenomenal really. If you buy online you can get them for a lot less.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m...-speakers.html

Comment

robster_in_edmonds wrote:
        Were those speakers $199.00 per pair, or per speaker? I'd like to update my speakers and need to double-check costs. Sony and Kenwood make marine speakers that sticker out at less than a hundred dollars per pair. Are the JLs that much better?

Thanks!

Rob
        Just put in 4 m770's and 2 m650's JL's with a JL dual 10" sub box and the boat ROCKS !!!

Comment

Good for you and I had a couple of questions if/when I do my upgrades:

1) Where did you get the carpet and did you have to do any measuring, etc?

2) How do you do the seats and do you buy complete new ones or just get them recovered? Some details would be great on this since my vinyl is trashed.

Thanks Matthew

Comment

Yes they are. A very distinct difference in volume and sound quality. The cost is per pair not per speaker. How often do you replace speakers? It's a worthy investment because you are likely to have them for awhile.

robster_in_edmonds wrote:

Thanks!

Rob

Comment

No measuring for the carpet. I went to Corinthian Marine Carpet. Called em up, gave them make and model of my boat and they already had the carpet template. http://www.corinthian-marine-carpet.com/

I just got the seats covered by the same guy who did my cockpit canvas. It took him forever to get it done but he did a good job. He will remove the seats from the boat, cover them, bring them back and reinstall them.

matthewmoran wrote:
              Good for you and I had a couple of questions if/when I do my upgrades:

1) Where did you get the carpet and did you have to do any measuring, etc?

2) How do you do the seats and do you buy complete new ones or just get them recovered? Some details would be great on this since my vinyl is trashed.

Thanks Matthew

Comment

I upgraded mine this year using all Fosgate speakers and amps. Bought everything off Ebay

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/696805=28978-Picture 078.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/696805=28980-Picture 079.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/696805=28979-Picture 080.jpg[/img]

Comment

You guys buy amps to go with them or are you running from the stock head unit? I havent been happy with my stock speakers.

Comment

I run 2 amps 1 for all speakers and 1 for my 2 10" subs

Comment

Outlaw32 wrote:
                      I upgraded mine this year using all Fosgate speakers and amps. Bought everything off Ebay
                      Great lights outlaw

Comment

You guys buy amps to go with them or are you running from the stock head unit?
                        Amps. Three of them in total. You can run the smaller/low-power JL marine speakers from a head unit though.

Comment

I didnt buy any amps and my speakers still sound great. What does an amp do?

Outlaw32 wrote:
                          I run 2 amps 1 for all speakers and 1 for my 2 10" subs

Comment

waynepj3 wrote:
                            I didnt buy any amps and my speakers still sound great. What does an amp do?
                            It amplifies.

Comment

Makes it sound better at lower volume and be able to achieve higher volume while still sounding great. Decent external amps always beat the head unit amps on clarity, distortion, and power.

Comment

Working...
                              X