Anybody know what these are called and where I can find one?-gctid392437

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know what these are called and where I can find one?-gctid392437

I'm about to add a kicker motor to my swim platform using a bracket that I had fabricated. The bracket is very similar to the one in this photo. What I need to find is the thick black plastic pad that sits between the motor and the bracket, as in this photo. Any ideas as to what this is called and where I might find one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/696050=28874-kickersidemt.jpg[/img]
    Mike & Dixi
    2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
    Closed Cooling

How about going down to Lowe's or Home Depot, thats what I did for mine.

Your basically looking for something as a vibration dampening block.

A simple piece of Composite Decking board would do the same thing.

Comment

FISHIN00 wrote:
      How about going down to Lowe's or Home Depot, thats what I did for mine.

Your basically looking for something as a vibration dampening block.

A simple piece of Composite Decking board would do the same thing.
      Ummm. Good suggestion, but that decking material is maybe 3/4"? I would need to double it up. (My engine is a 9.9 extra long shaft with power tilt). Doubling it up might take on more or a mickey mouse look then I am looking for.
      Mike & Dixi
      2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
      Closed Cooling

Comment

Build one out of a dense hardwood- perhaps an old butcher block cut down to size, then finish.....

Comment

Pau Hana wrote:
          Build one out of a dense hardwood- perhaps an old butcher block cut down to size, then finish.....
          Another good suggestion Pete. Thanks
          Mike & Dixi
          2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
          Closed Cooling

Comment

you can purchase them in the marine outlet stores.. They are kicker mounting blocks, usually under 50.00.. but the composit decking is the same stuff like the other poster stated.. you can double it and use a router to bevel it out to look nice and not mickey moused.. they come in different colours.. a good size plank would do the job also and you can stain it any color

Comment

I mounted mine to the inside

Comment

Patrevan wrote:
                Ummm. Good suggestion, but that decking material is maybe 3/4"? I would need to double it up. (My engine is a 9.9 extra long shaft with power tilt). Doubling it up might take on more or a mickey mouse look then I am looking for.
                UHMW plastic, very common. You could have a piece in front and in back of the plate and it would look right.

Gary

Comment

garball wrote:
                  UHMW plastic, very common. You could have a piece in front and in back of the plate and it would look right.

Gary
                  Tap Plastics in North Seattle will fix you right up. Just give them the dimensions and they will make it for you.

Comment

Thanks folks. Some excellent sugestions here for me to consider.
                    Mike & Dixi
                    2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
                    Closed Cooling

Comment

E-Z-in marine ladders and motor brackets sells that item separately. They know that their products don't solve all the problems, and will sell you pieces to make your own.
                      Captharv 2001 2452
                      "When the draft of your boat exceeds the depth of water, you are aground"

Comment

Thanks Carpathov.
                        Mike & Dixi
                        2006 265 5.0 MPI B3
                        Closed Cooling

Comment

Working...
                        X