A few shots from the snow...-gctid346760

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few shots from the snow...-gctid346760

So you northern folks consider this old news, and you floridians don't have a clue (oh yeah..I know...you had to put your big boy pants on a few days last week cuz it got down to 50). but for us puget sounders, shoveling snow off the decks isn't all that common. Here's a few shots taken from the Foss waterway in Tacoma, most of our boat, Celtic Knot.

This one is actually across Commencement Bay from the mouth of the Foss. Grain terminal in the left foreground, looking towards Browns Point.

Across the Marina towards Mt Rainier, which is hiding at the moment.

Across the bow of our boat, towards Dock Street and downtown Tacoma

Snow on deck

Icicles

The rains washed it all away, so back to normal pretty quick. But both my office and home power was out from Thursday a.m. until Sunday evening, so we more or less lived down on the boat. Trying to keep the two dogs from slipping off the dock into the drink was a challenge.

I'm one of those Floridians and that looks COLD! We had 76*+ over the weekend here :hammer

Pics look sweet though, definitely a view I have never seen

Comment

Just a little dusting.
      Started boating 1955
      Number of boats owned 32
      Bayliners
      3870 presently owned
      Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

What's that white stuff all over the place?? Did Mt St. Helens go off again

My oldest bro is in Salem and they got a pretty good amount also.

Nice pics though - as long as I don't live there

Comment

Much of the northern UP MI received over 15" of snow on Monday. We're headed north with our snow machines this weekend. nthego:

1999 Ciera 2655 5.7L BIII "Brenda Lou"
          1996 Skeeter 1850DV 175 Mariner 9.9 Mariner. sold, sold, sold
          1975 Lund 14' 25 HP Mercury. sold, sold, sold
          2008 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7L Turbo diesel Quad Cab
          Green Bay, WI on the Fox River
          South Bay Marina

Comment

we are in the middle of a snowstorm right now here in Alaska.. last night dumped 16 inches, still coming down and they said another foot or more.. The :arrCapt is working in a town up north were its well over 340 inches by now..

thats a big glass table under all the snow in the middle of the picture

Comment

Knock on wood. Our winter here has been mild so far. A few cold days and nights but most days highs above freezing. There were 4 days in December when I turned my furnace off as it was not needed. Last Friday we got 4" of the white stuff. It was all gone by Sunday when it warmed up again and we had a lot of rain.

I know we are going to probably get hammered before spring arrives but I am enjoying the winter so far.
              Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
              West River Yacht & Cruising Club
              www.wrycc.com

Comment

pat8839 wrote:
                I'm one of those Floridians and that looks COLD! We had 76*+ over the weekend here :hammer

Pics look sweet though, definitely a view I have never seen
                Oh I'm sorry Pat, but that is just WRONG !!!

gggrrrrrrr......

Sarah,,,,,who is sick of hearing her furnace start up,,,@ 3.90/gal $$$$$$$$ :thumb

Comment

Yep, I hear that with heating bills.. the house bill is at 239 and the boat has 2 power meters to plug into.. each one ran 130 and 89.00.. that is going to almost double since the last 2 weeks we have had temps well below zero down there... diesel here is 4.25 a gallon... major $$$$$

Comment

RinnyBeth wrote:
                    diesel here is 4.25 a gallon... major $$$$$
                    $4.09 a gallon here.
                    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                    www.wrycc.com

Comment

courtjeste wrote:
                      So you northern folks consider this old news, and you floridians don't have a clue (oh yeah..I know...you had to put your big boy pants on a few days last week cuz it got down to 50). but for us puget sounders, shoveling snow off the decks isn't all that common. Here's a few shots taken from the Foss waterway in Tacoma, most of our boat, Celtic Knot.

This one is actually across Commencement Bay from the mouth of the Foss. Grain terminal in the left foreground, looking towards Browns Point.

Across the Marina towards Mt Rainier, which is hiding at the moment.

Across the bow of our boat, towards Dock Street and downtown Tacoma

Snow on deck

Icicles

The rains washed it all away, so back to normal pretty quick. But both my office and home power was out from Thursday a.m. until Sunday evening, so we more or less lived down on the boat. Trying to keep the two dogs from slipping off the dock into the drink was a challenge.
                      We had a few very cold days up here, but you guys got whacked hard with the snow.

James

Comment

Working...
                      X