1996 Ciera Express leaking fuel tank-gctid392319

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 Ciera Express leaking fuel tank-gctid392319

I am looking for any help in attempting to do the fuel tank replacement on my own. I have been looking it over and I think it should not be to overly crazy. I would also like tips or info on getting a new tank or anything I should be careful of in this task. Does anyone know of someone who has done the work and posted their progress on the web??

Well, after much debate with myself and talking with a few folks, I decided to go ahead and replace the tank myself. I found out quickly you have to take the engine out. Other than that it does not look like there is too much cutting up the boat. I had attached some photos of my progress. The first picture is the compartment with underlayment needing to be cut out. The second photo is what the tank looks like and the sign that the motor has to come out or cut up the deck. Decided against cutting up the deck.

Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/697659=29038-S5031856.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/697659=29039-S5031871.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X