Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking things out...-gctid346704

Greetings,

Just purchased my first boat, a 1884 Contessa Command Bridge. I need to rebuild the stove and am wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this. Is there a schematic available that I can get my hands on? Is there a replacement stove that is an easy install that someone has tried? And...I would like to keep a safe heater on board during the winter plugged into shore power. Any recommendations? Any help appreciated! Take care! JG

welcome to the zoo.......

first off...it should be an origo stove....go to the website and call them...they can help with parts...they are pretty much drop in stoves and you probably have a circuit card that blew a diode....open up where the circuit card is and check for a burned out diode...then contact origo......they can send a new card...

second....any UL heater ..I have a ceramic heater in my boat.....will do....

:arr arr

Comment

Greetings,

Thanks. That is all good info. Take care! JG

Comment

2nd the Ceramic heater. Most heaters should have a tilt switch that kills the heater when it's tipped over too far.

Comment

JSGussin wrote:
          Greetings,

Just purchased my first boat, a 1884 Contessa Command Bridge. I need to rebuild the stove and am wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this. Is there a schematic available that I can get my hands on? Is there a replacement stove that is an easy install that someone has tried? And...I would like to keep a safe heater on board during the winter plugged into shore power. Any recommendations? Any help appreciated! Take care! JG
          Boy, that's an old Bayliner.
          Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
          West River Yacht & Cruising Club
          www.wrycc.com

Comment

RGrew176 wrote:
            Boy, that's an old Bayliner.
            What the h*ll does that make my 1979 Victoria?? hahaahha:kidding

Comment

I have a Vornado fan heater- I prefer it at is heats and circulates the air. Has 2 heat settings (750 and 1500w), choice of thermostatic or continuous heat, and tip over protection.

http://www.vornado.com/Product.aspx?...3-9ac100a689e1

Comment

Jeff H wrote:
                What the h*ll does that make my 1979 Victoria?? hahaahha:kidding
                Your is almost 100 years older than his

Comment

Ohhh - caught it, 1884 haha

Comment

Jeff H wrote:
                    Ohhh - caught it, 1884 haha
                    That's why I highlighted the 1884 typo.
                    Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                    West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                    www.wrycc.com

Comment

Welcome! That should be a great boat for you, and you'll love having an F/B boat.

Ya know what they say don't you? Once F/B'd, ya can't go back!

This would be Volvo Penta powered and that is a plus IMO.

However, I have three little words for you... actually four: PDS Bearings!

If no history of these having been replaced, I'd stronly encourage you to do so and avoid a failure here.

All too often these are forgotten and are not serviced and/or replaced.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                      2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
                      Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
                      Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
                      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

JSGussin wrote:
                        Greetings,Just purchased my first boat, a 1884 Contessa Command Bridge. I need to rebuild the stove and am wondering if there is anyone out there that has done this. Is there a schematic available that I can get my hands on? Is there a replacement stove that is an easy install that someone has tried? And...I would like to keep a safe heater on board during the winter plugged into shore power. Any recommendations? Any help appreciated! Take care! JG
                        Welcome aboard. I pulled my stove out last year (currently posted on CL locally). I don't know what condition yours is in but here are a couple pictures of mine if you're interested:

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....jpg[/img]

http://baylinerownersclub.org/media/....JPG[/img]Try posting pictures of your boat in an album so we can get an idea of what you have.Good luck, great boat.

Comment

Working...
                        X