Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U.S. Man drowns while fishing off of Tofino.-gctid761838

Sad tragedy off of Canadian west coast.

Hope this is not one of our group or friends of yours...

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/u-s-man-drowns-while-fishing-off-tofino-1.2333124]Man drowns off of Tofino B.C[/url]

I've fished out of Tofino and Ukee many years. I find it hard to imagine someone falling off into the waters unless he was in rough sea states to begin with...

My rules are 8, 8, 18... if the waves are higher than 8 ft or period is less than 8 seconds or the winds are above 18 kts, I stay in the marina... I've never had a problem using these rules. I get my info from the weather buoy just outside Ukee in Barclay Sound...
    Doug ;}
    MMSI: 338068776
    "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

It could be one of those cases where a guy is urinating over the side of the boat and his feet slip.... ends up in the water. No life jacket, his wife can't run the boat.
      1979 32 Uniflite Sport Sedan twin 270 crusaders
      2003 Bayliner 2152 210 Classic 5.0 mercruiser - sold
      I wish I knew now what I didn't know then

Comment

...and that water is damned cold. You would be hypothermic in a very short period of time. It must have been a bad bunch of circumstances.
        Bob Hawes.
        Kelowna, B.C.
        1998 Trophy 2052 WA
        4.3 Vortec, A1 G2

Comment

"Morecoffee" post=761928 wrote:
          It could be one of those cases where a guy is urinating over the side of the boat and his feet slip.... ends up in the water. No life jacket, his wife can't run the boat.
          That's usually not a big deal if you're with a bunch of your buddies that take pictures and then help you out, but if you are in cold water, you're older and not in very good shape, and you don't have strong men to pull you in, a simple thing ends up a catastrophe.
          Esteban
          Panama City, Panama
          Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952
          Currently looking for 32xx in South Florida

Comment

Working...
          X