Ping Yachtman Walk-Through Transom Mod-gctid391712

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ping Yachtman Walk-Through Transom Mod-gctid391712

As a newbie to BOC, I've been reading all the old forum threads and noted with interest your '07 post and subsequent thread about your Conquest restoration, especially the potential for a walk-through transom.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...t-Post-Em-Here

Would sure like to learn from you (and anyone else who has done it or has an opinion on its feasibility) how your walk-through transom modification went. My '83 Contessa Sunbridge has evolved into a project boat, and if feasible I might just take it on. Thnx.

Wayne

bayloon2 wrote:
    As a newbie to BOC, I've been reading all the old forum threads and noted with interest your '07 post and subsequent thread about your Conquest restoration, especially the potential for a walk-through transom.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...t-Post-Em-Here

Would sure like to learn from you (and anyone else who has done it or has an opinion on its feasibility) how your walk-through transom modification went. My ÔÇÖ83 Contessa Sunbridge has evolved into a project boat, and if feasible I might just take it on. Thnx.

Wayne
    Wow thats an old thread lol....

I never did a walk through transom. I have.had som distractions over the years like a divorce a move a shop to build getting remarried.

Makes me think I better get my *** in gear if you guys are going to bring up this old crap :kidding.

I hope to do that this summer but right now I am working on engines. I liked that thread though there were some good ideas.
    1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
    twin 454's
    MV Mar-Y-Sol
    1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
    Twin chevy 350's inboard
    Ben- Jamin
    spokane Washington

Comment

David...

Yep, understand. Seems real life has a way of always getting in the way. Sure hope I didn't cause you to relive old and best-forgotten memories, but I felt it was incumbent on me as a newbie to do my homework by reviewing all the wisdom that has gone before. Thnx for the quick response. Maybe there are other BOC members who can give us the 411 on the feasibility of a walk-through transom mod. Anybody?

Wayne

Comment

Oh yeah its doable. There are others that have done it somw what more recent than that thread.

If you are confident in you fiberglassing skills it wont be a problem but its just alot of work. Not alot of material mostly labor. So when a shop wants to charge $2500 for it you can pretty much know they are talking 25 hours to get the job done.

If you arent confident or not adventurous I would send the job oit.
        twin 454's
        MV Mar-Y-Sol
        Twin chevy 350's inboard
        Ben- Jamin
        spokane Washington

Comment

I'm looking forward to hearing those who know the basic steps one should take to gitrdone.

Comment

You should start a thread asking how to build a transom door. You will get more response than here in this thread.
            twin 454's
            MV Mar-Y-Sol
            Twin chevy 350's inboard
            Ben- Jamin
            spokane Washington

Comment

Working...
            X