Cushions are.getting done!-gctid759146

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cushions are.getting done!-gctid759146

Now the garden is almost harvested, I finally am finding some time to finish sewing up the cushions in the salon! Our cushions have been done before with some sort of rebound HARD FOAM THE WEIGHS ABOUT 10 LBS each! It's too thick and we both find ourselves with our feet dangling not touching the ground. The table has been mounted permanent and the wood missing that holds the table top up so we decided it was too much work to redo the fiberglass of the salon and make it so it's a bed again.

I decided to do the backrest so it's a bolster mounted on 1/4 veneer wood (sealed & varnished) and used auto trim bottoms to mount them back with fender washer.in the state room so I can trim them back and put new backless carpet up. ( it was all cut out when they cut out the salon to put new tanks in.) I hope to get the installed tomorrow and get at least one set cushion finished done . I'm using a woven fabric that is navy with gold stars and will be putting a navy vinyl on the seat so it's more user friendly since we do fish when we the her out..

Pics are before and the layout of the boards before so holes could be pre-drilled. The last pic is the bolsters. Doing the seat cushion Right now..

Attached files

Got a bottom done. Kinda mocked it up on the table. Hopefully will have it mounted in the boat by Saturday....or maybe even tomorrow!

Attached files

Comment

Love the fabric where did you source that from. Are you doing it all yourself?

Comment

I bought the fabric from Joanns Fabric store in Anchorage. It was 45.00 a yard but after couponing , I got it for half price. It is a tight woven fabric not a print. I decorated the boat in red white and blue and when I saw this , I just loved the gold stars on it. I also bought the vinyl there.. Yup doing it myself. I used to do this for a living, but retired about 12 years ago. Going down tomorrow and installing them. I got one bottom cushion done and finished one of the cabin mattress covers as well. Two more to do for the salon couch and two in the bow. Then I can finally finish the propane stove. I have parts for it now. Hubby just sits back and smiles. He gets to do the wiring the new lights tomorrow. He is pretty good at it. Love seeing her come back to her old glory.

Comment

That looks awesome.
          Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
          1998 3055 Ciera
          (yes, a 1998)
          Previous boat: 1993 3055
          Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
          Sea Doo XP
          Sea Doo GTI SE
          Life is short. Boats are cool.
          The family that plays together stays together.
          Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

Got the.bolsters on! Only one seat cushion done . Do the other two tomorrow.

Attached files

Comment

Working...
            X