15 days and counting!-gctid754108

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 days and counting!-gctid754108

HOLODECK the 1994 Carver 390 CPMY passed its confidence post test this weekend. She LOVES gas, but if that is the only fault, I am OK with it. We will be heading out Saturday 08/13 pointed towards Block Island, after Block, it is Montauk, NY. Then Cutty Hunk for a quiet day on a mooring, followed by 3 nights in Oak Bluffs, (Martha's Vineyard) for Illumination, and heading back to Cape Cod the da of the 20th. I only wished it would be a longer trip! Any suggestion, please fire away and we have 2 more weeks of planning!
    Tony, Cape Cod, MA
    Vice Commodore Bourne Yacht Club
    1994 Carver 390 Cockpit Motor Yacht
    454 Merc Cruisers inboards
    "HOLODECK"
    2014 10' hard bottomed Dink powered by 3.3HP Mariner 2 stroke
    www.bourneyachtclub.com

Stock up on the two basics for quality life afloat: meat and liquor. :cheer:
    Jeff & Tara
    (And Ginger too)
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
    "GetAway"
    Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

And ice cream.

So Cuttyhunk is a place?

I've been trying to find some info on a Cuttyhunk boat for sale at my marina but can't find anything.

Esteban
      Vancouver, BC
      Former Bayliners 3218, 2859, 2252, 1952

Comment

Hello Tony - I do not know if you have been to Block before or if you go to the Great Salt pond or try the town dock side but here are a few thoughts if you have not been there before

Spend the extra time and money and go stay at Champlain's to see the action both day and night - tiki bar, boats everywhere , fishing boats, pool, and often entertainment.

Get to town and see all the shops and trinket places , spend part of a day at Ballard's and see that act, eat at any number of good places like Aldo's , Dead eye dicks, Finns, National Hotel or the Oar and have breakfast at the Airport diner or brunch at the Naragansett. Maybe see both lighhouse's and at least see the view from the Mohegan bluffs near the SE light. If you have kids along be ready to jig for squid at the docks and maybe go for clams after buying a cheap permit. So much to see in the clear water whether you are in the salt pond or take your dinghy to dinghy beach to reach the ocean side for a visit.

Anyway - Both Block and Montauk have been regular stops for us for the past 20+ years as well as Greenport and many others around there - so if you have questions now is a good time to fire away.

Have a great trip and don't drink to much on Block....
        Northport NY

Comment

Smitty

You make me yearn for an east coast cruise.

You painted a great picture.
          Jim McNeely
          New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
          Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
          Brighton, Michigan USA
          MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Working...
          X