oops i did something stupid today-gctid390178

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oops i did something stupid today-gctid390178

well today filled fresh water tank today for the first time since it was winterized. inserted hose in tank started filling tank. i turned on the pump and the cold water tap it ran but very little pressure ran hot water tap same very little pressure and the demand pump just kept running. i decided to shut off taps and wait until water tank filled meanwhile demand pump kept running and it was taking a long time to fill a 5 gal tank. i was scratching my head because i could hear water running . i opened engine house and lo and behold drain still open on hot water tank . pump was actually doing a good job in the sink considering i was trying to fill the bilge and the water tank at the same time' shut the drain filled the tank turned on the pump and had great pressure. on a brighter note bilge pump works perfect.op-

jamie mac wrote:
    on a brighter note bilge pump works perfect.op-
    ....and you have a very clean hot water tank!

Comment

LoL whoops...

Comment

mdldgl wrote:
        ....and you have a very clean hot water tank!
        AND a clean Bilge...:arr

Comment

I think this should be moved to Completed Projects. "New 4-in-1 procedure!" Test fresh water pump, flush water heater, clean bilge, and test bilge pump, all while enjoying a frosty-cold adult beverage...
          Jeff & Tara
          (And Ginger too)
          Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
          "GetAway"
          Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

jeffw wrote:
            I think this should be moved to Completed Projects. "New 4-in-1 procedure!" Test fresh water pump, flush water heater, clean bilge, and test bilge pump, all while enjoying a frosty-cold adult beverage...
            Hmmmmm

I actually really like that idea...

Comment

jamie mac wrote:
              well today filled fresh water tank today for the first time since it was winterized. inserted hose in tank started filling tank. i turned on the pump and the cold water tap it ran but very little pressure ran hot water tap same very little pressure and the demand pump just kept running. i decided to shut off taps and wait until water tank filled meanwhile demand pump kept running and it was taking a long time to fill a 5 gal tank. i was scratching my head because i could hear water running . i opened engine house and lo and behold drain still open on hot water tank . pump was actually doing a good job in the sink considering i was trying to fill the bilge and the water tank at the same time' shut the drain filled the tank turned on the pump and had great pressure. on a brighter note bilge pump works perfect.op-
              Not as stupid as a fellow marina neighbor who thought they were filling their water tank and turned out to be his gas tank!

Comment

jeffw wrote:
                There was cold beverages ahhh maybe that had something to do with it

Comment

jeffw wrote:
                  Adding this to my spring checklist now.

Comment

LOL been there, done that!

Comment

Working...
                    X