• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some input/help.-gctid389927

answer found

found.

Comment

WHY would they put exposed wood uder the boat and in the livewell??!? is it just for structural support while they fiberglass and its nothing to worry about? Even with marine grade, I would think if it were of much importance they would glass it or protect it in some way?

Comment

Found.

Comment

Looking at the crack next to the engine it looks like I'm seeing a bulge and also mold under silicone sealant? If it were my boat I would grind out the crack and see whats underneath.

The way things are today if you didn't tell the engine installer to check the transom for damage or rot

they won't. It costs them money to do that and might even make them responsible for future trouble.

Good Luck

Comment

Yea. The moldy stuff is on top of the silicone that was there before. It looks like it was sealed pretty good, except Im seeing places just in the middle of the transom flashing infront of the motor that didnt have it on the exterior. How would I fill the gap after grinding? The silicone looks as though it is the original and has mildew on top.

Comment

The part next to the engine with the crack is just a plastic cover. It is not fiberglass, just a cap
              Boatless at this time

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including their life."

Comment

Working...
              X