X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vessel Assist vs. Boat US-gctid389919

Which is better and why?

Or are they the same?

Trying to figure out which will suit me better but their pamphlets offer a whole lot of vague information. Im looking for real world experience if anyone has used them.

I'm really no help. I've had unlimited towing with BOATUS for years but have never used it. Why don't you check around your local area and see which one tow operators favor.

Comment

green650 wrote:
      Which is better and why?

Or are they the same?

Trying to figure out which will suit me better but their pamphlets offer a whole lot of vague information. Im looking for real world experience if anyone has used them.
      Vessel Assist is BoatUS. Are you asking between Vessel Assist and Sea Tow?
      It's all a dream
      '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

Comment

Vessel Assist is BoatUS in Bellingham.

http://www.vesselassist.com/
        Tally and Vicki
        "Wickus" Meridian 341
        MMSI 338014939

Comment

Their pamphlets are clear as mud.

I have one that says Vessel Assist, has pictures of boats with "vessel assist" on the side, and mentions nothing about Boat US. It says regular membership $79 gold membership $120. (and personal $120 that covers any boat operated)

I have another pamphlet that says Boat U.S. and has pictures of boats that say "Towboat U.S." on the side, and mentions nothing about vessel assist. It says $125 for unlimited freshwater and saltwater towing plus $24 per year to join BoatUS.

Did they merge and I have old pamphlets?

Or do they utilize each others fleets in certain areas?

Comment

Ok, it seems like in WA BoatUS uses Vessel Assist.

Comment

green650 wrote:
              Their pamphlets are clear as mud.

I have one that says Vessel Assist, has pictures of boats with "vessel assist" on the side, and mentions nothing about Boat US. It says regular membership $79 gold membership $120. (and personal $120 that covers any boat operated)

I have another pamphlet that says Boat U.S. and has pictures of boats that say "Towboat U.S." on the side, and mentions nothing about vessel assist. It says $125 for unlimited freshwater and saltwater towing plus $24 per year to join BoatUS.

Did they merge and I have old pamphlets?

Or do they utilize each others fleets in certain areas?
              Here is a link to the website http://"http://www.vesselassist.com/...selassist.com/
              It's all a dream
              '03 245 5.7/BIII & '07 Sedona pontoon

Comment

We were 5 minutes out from Sucia for the July 4th holiday last year when we had serious engine problems. We shut the engine down & called Vessel Assist thru Boat Us. They were really busy, but got to us in about 45 minutes. It took them 4 hours to get us towed back to La Conner. We ended up getting a notification later that tow would have cost us $1,500. The tow boat operators were great & Boat Us paid the bill with no problems. Sure was happy to have that insurance.

Felicia
                Pep & Felicia
                1991 3288 150 hino's

Comment

I'm a member of BoatUS, and insure with them also. Vessel Assist is owned by BoatUS and is found in the western states. In the rest of the country, same red boats, but called, I believe, TowBoatUS. I have had excellent experiences with the entire organization, including Vessel Assist. For the price of dinner and drinks for four, about $150, you can have the top saltwater package. Sure, you probably have towing REIMBURSEMENT on your insurance, but that could be limited. A Vessel Assist membership is like Auto Club on the water. Towing, salvage, fuel delivery, jump starts, soft ungrounding, etc., all included. I highly recommend them...
                  Jeff & Tara
                  (And Ginger too)
                  Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
                  "GetAway"
                  Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

I went through this process a couple of months ago. I was looking at Sea-Tow and BoatUS. The deciding factor for me was the location of the nearest assisting outfit, closest to where I expect to do most of my boating.

Comment

Basically they are all pretty much the same function wise.

As mentioned using one in the area you boat in is important .

After that just remember that they are individually owned franchise's so you might get a variation in the service level.

I had a problem with the local yellow boat guy's attitude once, the following year I switched to the red boat.

Comment

I almost went with BoatUS. I decided on Seatow. It cost a little more than BoatUS, but, the features were better for where I live. BoatUS would only travel up to 25 miles from their port of origin. Anything after that I would be responsible to pay for. Seatow was unlimited. I figured BoatUS was about 3 miles from the gulf, so, I had to stay within about 22 miles of the pass to the gulf. I go a lot further than that. Both of the tow companys seem to be good people, Seatow just fit my needs. Check out each one's website. I compared a lot on there between the two. I also confired by phone, so I understood the info, that BoatUS stopped at 25 miles from their port of origin (that's not 25 miles offshore). The lady confirmed. Here is a quote from their website. "A Service Area is defined as a minimum of a 25 miles offshore of the TowBoatUS or VESSEL ASSIST homeport. Many BoatUS Service Providers have extended service areas of up to and beyond 50 and even 100 miles offshore!" I am in an area they did not offer the extended assist. It may have changed.

Bottom line is "What are your needs?" Take that answer and match it with your area's service provider that best fits it, whether it is Seatow or BoatUS or someone else.

Comment

Working...
                        X