PNW Weather-gctid389620

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PNW Weather-gctid389620

What is the point of boat ownership with this kind of terrible weather! It rained most of the day here in Vancouver and got up to a balmy 13degrees celcius! 6C cooler then it should be.. Anyhow, thats just my rant for the day. Wanted to plan an overnighter this weekend but I hate wasting fuel on clouds and rain.

Well the pictures I've seen of the PNW do look breathtaking, but I know I'd never be able to deal with the weather!

Comment

seawise wrote:
      What is the point of boat ownership with this kind of terrible weather! It rained most of the day here in Vancouver and got up to a balmy 13degrees celcius! 6C cooler then it should be.. Anyhow, thats just my rant for the day. Wanted to plan an overnighter this weekend but I hate wasting fuel on clouds and rain.
      You aren't originally from these parts are you?

A true northwesterner doesn't worry about a little rain and cool weather.
      1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
      1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
      Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

kwb wrote:

Born and raised. The rain and cold doesn't bother me in the fall/winter months, but I am ready for some sun now!

Comment

seawise wrote:
          Really?? around here I kinda like the off weather days, boat launch is slower, anchorages are less crowded, it just like the pace comes down another level...dress the part and be prepared and the rainiest days can be enjoyable and relaxing...

I have to agree it was pretty chilly today... LOL

don't let a little rain stop you!!!.....Get out there!!!

Comment

Love to listen to rain on fiberglass roof. Get tired of the sun very quickly. Give me rain any day as long as the wind stays down.

Comment

Seaquel wrote:
              Well the pictures I've seen of the PNW do look breathtaking, but I know I'd never be able to deal with the weather!
              That's because all the pictures you've seen of here were taken on the SAME DAY - the day you decide to move here because it is "breathtaking".

And then you find out - you only get sun 3 weeks a year.

Comment

What are you complaining about?:arr

You have an enclosed cockpit.

Im going out this weekend no matter what the weather is. Lingcod closes in a week and I haven't gone yet.

As much as I love the sun, it's nice how few people are outside when it's raining. As soon as the sun comes out on saturday, all the hippies are out in force everywhere. Seems like the population increases tenfold. At least when it's raining they stay indoors smoking bowls all day and are out of my way.

Comment

Born here too, You must admit the rain can be a pain after while. Very hard on old bones and especially my wifes arthritis with severely swollen joints, but she is a trooper most of the time. When the snow comes we head for the desert. Gary
                  GARCHAR
                  1988 2655
                  2009 Volvo Penta 5.7 300 hp DP F3s
                  Twice Past Commodore
                  Northwest Outboard Trailer Sailors, Eugene,OR

Comment

Having visited and lived in many countries and places in this beautiful world I can tell you that when the sun does come out in the PNW,..... just one day here is worth 10 of any where else, and if you have a boat then more......just waiting to enjoy........it'll come ...soon!...... I hope?

Comment

My wife has seasonal affective disorder and every light bulb in the house is full spectrum, our home has extra large windows and she takes meds for her condition and uses a facial tanning system for bad days. The Admiral has bitched about the PNW weather since we moved here in 1990 and in 2010 when I had my first no work winter, I agreed with her and said, lets dump all our stored junk and move south. All of a sudden, she clammed up saying all our good friends are here, the boating is awesome and as long as I can get her out of here sometime during the dark ages, she's happy. Been two winters so far and not one peep out of her about leaving...

Just sayin...
                      Doug ;}
                      MMSI: 338068776
                      "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

im getting tired of the rain too,can`t do much on the boat.

look like the global warming is not for PNW yet

Comment

kwb wrote:

That's a load a youknowwhat! My family has been here for three generations and all we do is complain about the weather. yet not one of us has ever moved away. It's the people that say they love the rain and gray and clouds and the cold you need to be suspicious of!

Seriously I don't mind the winters here at all but this is the time of year I always question, "why the hell do i live here?!?!" Everywhere else on the planet north of the equator has nicer weather than we do right now. In fact a article in the paper yesterday about the hottest spring on record for North America. Huh? Not around here! But like most every year (except the past two summers :thumb) summer finally arrives and we all realize there is no better place on earth than the PNW when it's sunny and warm. All three days of it!

Comment

Heck, I will take rain anytime - at least I can go out boating.

We have had 3 straight weeks of 20-30 knot winds, EVERY day. 6-10 ft wind waves ON top of a 6-8 swell.:thumb

Salmon and bottom fish are waiting!!

Comment

Come on down to Arizona you can enjoy boating all year if you like. The state has lots to offer and all ranges of elevation and lots of

water without salt.Today is bright sun light wind and 95 degrees.
                              Arizona Bob & Sandy
                              1990 3888 Bayliner
                              Purchased new
                              Twin 175 Hino's
                              630 Hurth Trans
                              Westerbeke Generator

Comment

Working...
                              X