Does your yacht club/marina require you to be insured?-gctid388223

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does your yacht club/marina require you to be insured?-gctid388223

I'm interested in how many of you are required by your marinas & yacht clubs to have insurance and prove that you have it.

Your questions only talk of clubs... Our marinas require $300K of liability insurance.
    Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

My boat club does not require that you have insurance. We as a club do not have a marina/dockage facility. If we did we would probably require insurance. My marina where I did keep my boat did require you to have insurance and you did have to show them proof. That was in their best interest and really also for those of us who racked or docked there.
      Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
      West River Yacht & Cruising Club
      www.wrycc.com

Comment

RGrew176 wrote:
        My boat club does not require that you have insurance. We as a club do not have a marina/dockage facility. If we did we would probably require insurance. My marina where I did keep my boat did require you to have insurance and you did have to show them proof. That was in their best interest and really also for those of us who racked or docked there.
        Um, not sure.

If they ever told me I've forgotten and I didn't read my contract much either

I certainly provide no proof to them.

Comment

SomeSailor wrote:
          Your questions only talk of clubs... .
          In case anyone else is uncertain.... As stated in the thread title and the poll title, please read "club" to mean yacht club/marina/boating club or similar commercial docking facility.

Comment

whiskywizard wrote:
            I'm interested in how many of you are required by your marinas & yacht clubs to have insurance and prove that you have it.
            We are also required to name the marina as additional insured on the liability policy.

Comment

My marina added themselves to the policy as a loss/payee, without my knowledge. I had it removed once I found out. Havent heard from the marina about it but irritates me that they would do that. In my opinion, I'm the only loss/payee and they can get in line for a claim like everyone else.
              Pat
              Paragon
              1999 4788

Comment

When we fill out our contract in January there is a section that we fill out broker, his/her number, policy number and insurance company.

Ken
                300SD all options sold.

Comment

My marina requires proof of insurance with $1000000 liability. Makes sense to me that everyone is covered.

Comment

Yes. I have to show them the policy and they make a copy. Liability $20,000,000 required.
                    David
                    1999 Bayliner 1750 Capri. 3l Mercruiser Alpha

2014 Yamaha VX Cruiser

Comment

The Marina I park my boat at This Year claims to require insurance but does not or has not asked for proof. I'm certain many boats are not insured. ( scary ). They did just come up with a no shrink wrap your own boat policy without proof of one million liability . I trailer my boayt home but many people are not happy with this new rule . . .

Comment

Our club requires insurance.

cosmo777 wrote:
                        My marina added themselves to the policy as a loss/payee, without my knowledge. I had it removed once I found out. Havent heard from the marina about it but irritates me that they would do that. In my opinion, I'm the only loss/payee and they can get in line for a claim like everyone else.
                        Cosmo, I highly recommend you have a long "come to Jesus" chat with your agent. Only the named insured can add/subtract/modify an additional insured or loss payee.

Comment

Astral Blue wrote:
                          We are also required to name the marina as additional insured on the liability policy.
                          Same here. $300,000.00 min.

Comment

The 2 marinas I have been at both required insurance proof and they ask for the renewal policy every year. This is somewhat a pita as there are some bad reputation discontinued models/manufacturers which are uninsurable due to manufacturing defects.
                            Cheers, Hans
                            2007 Carver 41 CMY
                            Twin Volvo D6-370
                            Montreal, Canada
                            Midnight Sun I Photos

Comment

Good thread. To be honest I'm not sure if my Marina does or not. I've certainly never provided proof, so I'm assuming not. This surprises me considering our marina manager is a totally by-the- book kind of guy and pretty anal about certain things.

Comment

Working...
                              X