Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a 1992 3055 with 2 x Merc Diesel(39)s need info-gctid388112

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just bought a 1992 3055 with 2 x Merc Diesel(39)s need info-gctid388112

    Hello everyone, i just bought a 1992 3055 twin merc diesel's for $7000, it's in poor condition as it's been sitting in a back yard for the last ten years & engines have 400 hours each.

    [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/691660=28372-IMG_0017.jpg[/img]

    [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/691660=28373-IMG_0015.jpg[/img]It's on it's way to UK right now..Are these engines factory fitted? Does anyone else have this same boat with these motors in?What outdrives are on it?Thanks,Johnny uk

    #2
    Yes on factory. They are 5 cylinder engines. The outdrivers are Bravo.
    Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
    1998 3055 Ciera
    (yes, a 1998)
    Previous boat: 1993 3055
    Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
    Sea Doo XP
    Sea Doo GTI SE
    Life is short. Boats are cool.
    The family that plays together stays together.
    Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

    Comment


      #3
      My boat has the same hull. I have twin SBC and Alpha drives. I can tell you the boat is a very nice design. As you dig into yours if you have any questions feel free to ask away. I have been in just about every area of the boat and can let you know the good, the bad and the ugly.
      Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
      1998 3055 Ciera
      (yes, a 1998)
      Previous boat: 1993 3055
      Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
      Sea Doo XP
      Sea Doo GTI SE
      Life is short. Boats are cool.
      The family that plays together stays together.
      Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

      Comment


        #4
        itsabowtime2 wrote:
        Yes on factory. They are 5 cylinder engines. The outdrivers are Bravo.
        Hi, thanks so much for the replies to both you guys, Interesting that they are in fact factory fitted, i would not have believed it..

        So they are in fact Bravo drives.. As the boat has been standing for so long, do you suspect all 3 bellows to be perished?

        The 3055 looks magnificant, are you happy with it? Is yours a diesel?

        Thanks!

        Comment


          #5
          itsabowtime2 wrote:
          My boat has the same hull. I have twin SBC and Alpha drives. I can tell you the boat is a very nice design. As you dig into yours if you have any questions feel free to ask away. I have been in just about every area of the boat and can let you know the good, the bad and the ugly.
          I think my boat is the same as your's, certainly looks the same. Is yours the diesel?

          JohnnYt

          Comment


            #6
            me&myboat wrote:
            Hi, thanks so much for the replies to both you guys, Interesting that they are in fact factory fitted, i would not have believed it..

            So they are in fact Bravo drives.. As the boat has been standing for so long, do you suspect all 3 bellows to be perished?

            The 3055 looks magnificant, are you happy with it? Is yours a diesel?

            Thanks!
            No, I have 5.0's in mine. I believe that the diesels were rated at 170hp each. I have seen a handfull of the diesel 3055's. I would suspect that if nothing else the bellows are dry rotted. I would replace them. Check the hoses, belts as well as replace the impellers.

            Thanks for the compliment. We are very happy with the 3055. Have done a ton of mod's to it to make it even better. People are surprised to find out it is a 19 year old boat, and a Bayliner at that.
            Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
            1998 3055 Ciera
            (yes, a 1998)
            Previous boat: 1993 3055
            Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
            Sea Doo XP
            Sea Doo GTI SE
            Life is short. Boats are cool.
            The family that plays together stays together.
            Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

            Comment

            Working...
            X