Relay for life 2012-gctid345512

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relay for life 2012-gctid345512

Hey everyone. I know many of you have seen my posts regarding my fight along with my team "the Oly Angels" for Relay for Life. It is a fundraiser that supports the American Cancer Society's effort to fight cancer and develop new treatments and cures towards curing cancer.

Well our 2012 campaign is just getting started.

Here is the link to my page: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/toddolason

As I always I am always amazed at the support I get here and know that many of you have relatives or yourself that has gone through this. This is a great way to honor them.

I do this because of my Father Don "Oly" Olason who lost his battle in May of '09.

Some of you may recall my story here and "A Sailor's last voyage"

Thank you, in advance, so much for your support and help.

I haven't been bombarding people with requests, as I know that's annoying but many of you know how important this is to me. I would love for you to consider clicking this link and donating to fight Cancer with me.

I've got 33 more days to get some funds raised.

Help me fight Cancer

Thank you in advance

Comment

What does this have to do with boating??? Sorry but you are posting in the wrong forum. And no I am not going to give any of my money to a shake down American cancer society that is only looking to line the pockets of their own. Wow hey everybody lets give money so the ceo of the american cancer society can make his 1 million plus salary every year. Finding a cure?? haha If they find a cure "american cancer society" is out of business. Last thing they want to find. If you really want to help out somebody with cancer, go to the hospital and give money to a current patient.

Comment

k2crasher wrote:
        What does this have to do with boating??? Sorry but you are posting in the wrong forum. And no I am not going to give any of my money to a shake down American cancer society that is only looking to line the pockets of their own. Wow hey everybody lets give money so the ceo of the american cancer society can make his 1 million plus salary every year. Finding a cure?? haha If they find a cure "american cancer society" is out of business. Last thing they want to find. If you really want to help out somebody with cancer, go to the hospital and give money to a current patient.
        Scott

Well I've seen he work they do. The money goes to research and Cancer resource centers that take your Mom, Brother or Wife to her treatment while you work and the are to weak to drive.

I don't mind that you don't want to donate. It's clear you haven't been affected by cancer. As far as it being boating related; there are tons of threads I avoid in the political threads and you haven't been around long enough in my opinion to see the great people that are here's to make your comments.

Comment

k2crasher wrote:
          Out of line much? If you don't feel like donating, then don't donate and keep your comments to yourself. If you clicked on the link to "A Sailors Last Voyage" you would see this has everything to do with boating and honoring Todd's late father.

Comment

keithjabber wrote:
            Out of line much? If you don't feel like donating, then don't donate and keep your comments to yourself. If you clicked on the link to "A Sailors Last Voyage" you would see this has everything to do with boating and honoring Todd's late father.
            Thanks Keith. I appreciate it.

Comment

keithjabber wrote:
              Well stated.

Comment

Nehalennia wrote:
                Scott

Well I've seen he work they do. The money goes to research and Cancer resource centers that take your Mom, Brother or Wife to her treatment while you work and the are to weak to drive.

I don't mind that you don't want to donate. It's clear you haven't been affected by cancer. As far as it being boating related; there are tons of threads I avoid in the political threads and you haven't been around long enough in my opinion to see the great people that are here's to make your comments.
                Sorry if what I say offends you. Everybody is very sensitive these days. How long do I need to be around to offer my opinion? I have been a member for over 3 years. I only follow the rules unlike you. I think this would be more fitting in a non boating forum. I don't go into the "general boating section" to read about relay for life. So the next time my daughter is selling girl scout cookies I can post it here? Or I am selling car parts on e-bay? In my opinion it takes away from the forum. I think you answered your own question, maybe this would be better off in the political threads. And if you are going to post it here, then don't take offense to my opinion. This is a public forum. I don't know you or your father personally and I am sorry for your loss. I had a grandmother that died of breast cancer many years ago. I am only trying to help educate other members about the facts of the american cancer society.

Read this article and look at the 990 tax returns. http://"http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ne...oney-go/nFX4j/

People never want to hear about united way and the red cross being such a scam. Ceo's making millions and guess who is paying for it?? The suckers who fall for it.

Watch this dr. brzezinski documentary, http://"http://www.burzynskimovie.co...article&id=110 this guy is actually curing cancer. Hey probably could have saved your father. But he is being shut down by big pharm because cancer is a multi billion dollar a year business. Sad but true. If there was actually a cure, we won't know about it.

Comment

Hey Everyone, besides Scott. Your comments are mindboggling.

I'm posting this as my last few days of fundraising are upon me. I'm really hoping to make it to $1000.

Click here to donate to my efforts to fight cancer along with the American Cancer Society

I need $481.50 to make it there. I know many of you have supported me in the past and I've always been proud of that support. Thank you very much.

Comment

Nehalennia wrote:
                    Hey everyone. I know many of you have seen my posts regarding my fight along with my team "the Oly Angels" for Relay for Life. It is a fundraiser that supports the American Cancer Society's effort to fight cancer and develop new treatments and cures towards curing cancer.

Well our 2012 campaign is just getting started.

Here is the link to my page: http://main.acsevents.org/goto/toddolason

As I always I am always amazed at the support I get here and know that many of you have relatives or yourself that has gone through this. This is a great way to honor them.

I do this because of my Father Don "Oly" Olason who lost his battle in May of '09.

Some of you may recall my story here and http://clubsearay.com/showthread.php...s last voyage"

Thank you, in advance, so much for your support and help.

Good for you, good cause. I already donated $100.00 to our local event here in Alameda
                    www.boatyardgm.com
                    www.pacificyachtimports.net
                    2002 Carver Voyager 57
                    "Making Waves"
                    3988 250 Hinos
                    "The Dark Side"
                    Alameda, California

Comment

NeilW wrote:

Good for you, good cause. I already donated $100.00 to our local event here in Alameda
                      Good deal Neil. Thank you. It's a great organization and I've seen first hand the benefits it gives those in need, hope, despair and pain.

When my Dad was two months away from passing my Brother, Troy and I took him on his last boat ride. We didn't know it then, but he was very frail but we had a great day.

The man that taught us how to tie a line, reef a sail, 'watch' the wind and set a course on a lightly gusting reach was in a position that left him weak, only able to rest after my brother and I lifted him to a spot on the aft cockpit seat. For over 2 hours we simply ran up and down the docile ship canal of Seattle passing and stopping "Ballard oil" a place he worked for over 25 years and the rest of the boat and canal we and he spent so many hours departing and returning on countless family vacations.

My Dad (left) and his best friend (and owner of Ballard Oil)

.........it's been three years now and still I wish my Dad calm seas, fair winds and look down upon us with pride

I miss him desparately to this day. It is my only way to fight back and remember. If I don't do this, I'm helpless. No one, INCLUDING Scott's family should go through this.

This is what he should have looked like(also see the video below, you'll see lots of boating). Steroids and treatments took a quick toll.

Doug, (Go Aweigh 2452) honored my father with the soldier salute at his memorial three years ago tomorrow.....and I'm forever grateful.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Thanks again to all that have donated. Today's the day. I'm still about $400 away from my goal, but appreciate everything I've been helped with so far. Thanks again

If you still want to help, there's still time and again it's much appreciated

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Re...al&fr_id=38751

Comment

Working...
                        X