No announcement yet.

(39)96 Bayliner Capri 1950...WHERE THE !#/%!!! IS MY FUSE BLOCK?!?!-gctid384289

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(39)96 Bayliner Capri 1950...WHERE THE !#/%!!! IS MY FUSE BLOCK?!?!-gctid384289

Yeah, I'm serious. No clue where to find my fuses on this boat, and really hoping one of you can point me in the right direction. :surr

Zebra Muscle wrote:
    Yeah, I'm serious. No clue where to find my fuses on this boat, and really hoping one of you can point me in the right direction. :surr
    I'm not sure where on a 96' but my 86' has a block and most fuses behind/under the dashboard.

Just to the right of the wheel

Very easily accessible if I wedge myself sideways between the seats and the kick board with my head buried under the dash and turned in a grotesque and awkward angle. :sorrow:

Comment

Steve, that's what I'm afraid of - unaccessible yet critical things I can't get to, and have to pay $95/hr marine labor to fix! I'll be tackling the insertion of a new bilge pump this weekend, and figure I had better know where the fuses are in case I have an electrical issue.

Comment

One of two places:

Under the dash..contortionist time....or if a cuddy there could be a button on vinyl panel inside that folds down and exposes the back of the guages, dash, and the fuse block is there.

Comment

rkcarguy wrote:
          One of two places:

Under the dash..contortionist time....or if a cuddy there could be a button on vinyl panel inside that folds down and exposes the back of the guages, dash, and the fuse block is there.
          Yep -- we have a 1995 Capri cuddy 1952, and that's where the fuse block is, behind a vinyl panel. Not too bad, I just lay on the floor with my shoulders in the cuddy doorway. Arms get tired after a while, like working on a ceiling light.

Comment

As an added note, I solved several intermittent electrical problems by replacing the glass fuse panel with an automotive blade-type panel. Sturdier fuses and cleaner connections...

Comment

Working...
            X