Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2655 Listing to port-gctid384017

Hello

Can anyone help? My 1996 2966 Bayliner is slightly listing to port. It was not doing this last year, it came out of the water over the winter and suffered some water ingress which has filtered through into the back cabin. The hood is being replaced, I'm concerned there could have been some osmosis on the port side which is causing it to list. I've tried tried different amounts of fuel and water to counter balance with no effect. There is no water in the bilges, the boat has been dried out internally yet the boat continues to list a few degrees to port when just sitting in the water. Is there anything else I need to do to counter balance this, or what might be causing it?

Slatters wrote:
    Hello

Can anyone help? My 1996 2966 Bayliner is slightly listing to port. It was not doing this last year, it came out of the water over the winter and suffered some water ingress which has filtered through into the back cabin. The hood is being replaced, I'm concerned there could have been some osmosis on the port side which is causing it to list. I've tried tried different amounts of fuel and water to counter balance with no effect. There is no water in the bilges, the boat has been dried out internally yet the boat continues to list a few degrees to port when just sitting in the water. Is there anything else I need to do to counter balance this, or what might be causing it?
    That would be a huge amount of water one one side to get the boat to list... seems unlikely to me. Are you sure you didn't put in/take out any heavy equipment (i.e. downrigger balls, generators, tool boxes, etc.)?

Comment

Hi Slatters,

I could not find any comments on your topic, hope you solved your problem since this is quite a while ago.

I have Just bought a Bayliner ciera sunbridge 2655 from 1991 and I am having the same problem on the starboard side.

I am reading a lot on this forum about lists to either side and about weight transfer but I don't thing that that is the problem with my boat.

Did you find out what the problem was with your boat?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Rens

Holland

Comment

"Slatters" post=384017 wrote:
        Hello

On my 2655 my two batteries were on the port side as well 6 gallon water heater.
        Port: Sassafras River Georgetown, MD Bayliner 2000 2855 7.4

http://www.chart.state.md.us/video/v...50fa36c4235c0a

Comment

2012 maybe the boat sank ...
          Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

I wouldn't answer any ad for a boat that said "Just listed.".
            1996 2252 LS Capri Cuddy Cabin. Merc. 5.7L . Port Perry, Ontario, Canada.

Comment

Working...
            X