Splash II - The Do-Over :)-gctid383074

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splash II - The Do-Over :)-gctid383074

And so we tried it again this morning after last Saturday's debacle and subsequent abort!

This time I dipped her in and didn't take her off the trailer for a few mins while I checked for any leaks.

There were none, thankfully. AFter having replaced the gimble bearing, shift cable and boot, bellows, oil line and water intake hoses I surely wasn't in the mood for any more leaks

The bad leak last week was caused by the shift cable boot that had a rip in it....

Once that was out of the way we launched and enjoyed a perfect day and the boat ran flawlessly!

I'm back.

Thanks very kindly for all of the good advice, ideas and offers to help. You guys ROCK !!!

Sarah

Now you are off to a great summer of BOATING. Enjoy.

Richard

Comment

Enjoy Sarah... you deserve it...

I just finished my install of the new raw water pump on the crank shaft... photos to follow...
      Doug ;}
      MMSI: 338068776
      "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Perserverence pays off. Now you have it all behind you. Have a great summer!!

Comment

FB style!
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

Have fun.

Being situationally aware all the time on the water is tough but it is your best bet to stay ahead of Murphy.
            Jim McNeely
            New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
            Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
            Brighton, Michigan USA
            MMSI # 367393410

Comment

Have a nice summer. I'm aiming for memorial day for my second day on the water. Myself and the 16 year old, hopefully he has time for the old man. To entice him i told him he can bring a friend or 2 onboard for this trip.
              Be good, be happy, for tomorrow is promised to no man !

1994 2452, 5.0l, Alpha gen. 2 drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

'86 / 19' Citation cuddy, Merc. 3.0L / 140 hp 86' , stringer drive. Sold ! Sold ! Sold !

Manalapan N.J

Comment

Here's to a great boating season!!
                Phil, Vicky, Ashleigh & Sydney
                1998 3055 Ciera
                (yes, a 1998)
                Previous boat: 1993 3055
                Dream boat: 70' Azimut or Astondoa 72
                Sea Doo XP
                Sea Doo GTI SE
                Life is short. Boats are cool.
                The family that plays together stays together.
                Vice Commodore: Bellevue Yacht Club

Comment

All of that drama and cash and it only cost you a week off the water. Not a terrible outcome, if you ask me.

Comment

Added bonus, Sarah of having the ideal conditions on the lake. Too cold for me to jump in though!
                    Simo
                    2002 2855 350MPI Bravo III on Lake Champlain -> SOLD!
                    Downsized to a couple of kayaks for now.

Comment

Have a great boating season, Sarah!!

I am jealous of you all splashing your boats. Our lake is still too low to put any cruisers in. Some pontoon boats are in but that is it. Here we are getting close to Memorial day and still no splashing. Big bummer. :thumb

Comment

Have a great season Sarah....I'm jealous....The last time I had my boat out...water was too low,ate a prop,plugged up my cooling system. Next weekend going to drag the boat 55 miles to a lake I know has enough water in it....To ALL please send rain to Central Fla!

Comment

Glad to hear your hard work has paid off. It should be a good feeling to get out and float around with few worries.

Comment

Thanks guys!

It sure was fun being out there all weekend, and yes the lake was perfectly flat both days. That made for some nice traveling.

I found out yesterday that BUD fits on my platform and I can even get on plane with him there! That was unexpected.

It sure was a terrific weekend,,,,,back to work today

Have a nice day, everyone.

Sarah

Comment

So how did the new wander fin and trim tabs work out for you????
                              Doug ;}
                              MMSI: 338068776
                              "Go Aweigh to" Photos < click on red letters... 2001 Bayliner 2452 w/6.2 HO (paid for)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X