Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a solution to my cover issues. Capri 1850-gctid382514

I have a 98 Capri ss 1850.

During the summer I keep it moored at our dock. I am tired of wresting with the mooring cover.

Last year I found a shop that would make me a cockpit and bow cover at a great price. He was busy at the start of the season then had an accident and was injured. I called today and he is still suffering from his injuries. So I am looking for a new solution. Not a lot of uphostry shops in the area. I found a place online and they seem to be $600 and up.

Whats a good price?

I thought I saw a post about a shop that has the bayliner patterns. Anyone have the name?

Anyone found a snug fitting mooring cover? I am tired of them blowing off or filling with water. I usually prop them with staps, tubes or poles.

letastopshop.com

Comment

Regarding Leta's, they will likely have the pattern you want but you will need to install all of your own snaps. I ended up just buying a Sunbrella mooring cover from Boat Covers Direct, and wrestle with it accordingly (about 10 minutes to cover by myself), as it provides the best protection. I live 40 minutes from the dock where my boat sits in the water, and I need the peace of mind that comes with a top-notch cover.

Comment

For mooring cover on my 1950 Capri I went with an auto upholstery guy who also did boats, the two piece cover with snaps. If I had to do it over again i would have made a bow cover with snaps and a cover that snapped from the bottom of windshield over the entire cockpit area. In my case the windshield is exposed to rain and more rainwater enters in than I would like. The two piece cover cost me about $500 IIRC.

Joe

Comment

Working...
        X