Looking for LED split lense style Anchor/Nav Mast Light.-gctid382306

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for LED split lense style Anchor/Nav Mast Light.-gctid382306

I'm looking for a high quality dual bulb (split lense) Anchor/Nav Light in an LED style. Must have two separate circuits.

Something similar to this, but hopefully in a higher quality than Attwood or Perko, if such a light exists.

I'm good with either of those brands if the quality is high.

I'll be removing the original tube, and will be changing it to SS and of a longer length.

Any suggestions?

My current light will not accept LED's. None that I've found, anyway.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
    2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
    Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
    Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
    Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

This is what I just bought:

http://www.backtoboating.com/Scripts...?idproduct=167

Came in yesterday, and the quality seems very good. The lighting is bright and it appears to have three LEDs per vector (three vectors). Will be installing this weekend. It is dual-circuit. USCG 3-mile rated at only .375 amps.

Comment

BTW, I spent almost two hours searching, it seems like all anchor lights are just total junk.

Comment

Yard light burn out Rick.

Ken
        300SD all options sold.

Comment

SwampNut wrote:
          BTW, I spent almost two hours searching, it seems like all anchor lights are just total junk.
          Carlos, you were lucky, I spent at least 3 times as much.... Result is the same as yours: all MICJ (Made in China Junk)

Comment

Are the dual circuits for boats over 24' ?

Mine has been modified by the PO to one all around white. It has three wires and a two position switch. How was that origionally intended to work?
            Carl

Comment

Thanks, Carlos, Juergen and Carl. I'll look into that model.

Carl, no.... it is not a length requirement.

It has to do with the location of the mast. In my case, it is just forward of my upper helm and just above my line of sight.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
              Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Yard light burn out Rick.

" WET EVER "
                1989 2459 TROPHY OFFSHORE 5.8L COBRA / SX
                mmsi 338108404
                mmsi 338124956
                "I started with nothing and still have most of it left"

Comment

The Attwood that Carlos linked to is exactly what I had settled on also... after much research for an LED replacement/upgrade to install after I install my Simrad 4G radar this month. One of the best prices was here on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290704161683...84.m1423.l2649

And I was looking to buy these, also from Attwood, to match

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230782374454...84.m1423.l2649

They seemed to hold the middle of the pack in Boating Magazine's tests here

http://www.boatingmag.com/gear/marin...ights?page=0,1

I'm sure just about any LED replacement lights I get will server better than my current lights.

Just my opinion

Comment

BLCarl wrote:
                    Are the dual circuits for boats over 24' ?
                    Close. Let's start at the beginning. A power boat shows four lights:

- Port (red) and starboard (green) side lights. Together these cover 225 degrees of visibility, from dead ahead (both visible) to 22-1/2 degrees aft of either beam.

- Stern light. This covers the remaining 135 degrees (remember, a circle is 360) and is visible to the vessel behind you.

- Masthead light. This covers the same arc of visibility as the two side lights combined, 225 degrees.

On a boat less than 12 meters (about 39' 4"), it's OK to combine the two side lights into one lantern on the bow, as long as they have the same visibility (225 deg).

Likewise, you can combine the stern light and masthead light into one lantern that has the combined visibility of both (360 deg).

Conveniently, a 360-degree white light is also what you need when at anchor.

Mine has been modified by the PO to one all around white. It has three wires and a two position switch. How was that origionally intended to work?
                    If you have a separate stern light, the forward part (225 degrees) would be lit when your side lights and stern light are on. It would be your masthead light.

If you don't have a separate stern light, both parts would be lit when your side lights are on. It would be a combination masthead and stern light.

Both parts would be lit, with no other lights, as an anchor light.

Typically a two-way switch is "anchor light" one way and "running lights" the other. On a small boat one way would light up the all-around light and the other would light up that plus the combination red/green side light fixture on the bow.

Comment

The reason for the split/double for my application:

When at anchor, both sections are illuminated, giving a full round 360* illumination at the mast light.

When piloting at night from the F/B, only the forward section of the mast light is illuminated.

If both sections were illuminated, the light would be right in your face.

The light at the aft-most area of the cabin bulkhead is also illuminated during either function.

This appears to be the OEM configuration for this boat.

My current mast light uses the incandescent style festoon bulbs. There are no LEDs that replace this type.... there are just a hair too long.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                      Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

I didn't realize length was the issue with LED replacement search. From past research I've found that there are 3 "festoon" style lengths that are common. 32mm, 36mm, and 41mm if memory serves me right. For LED you can try to find the exact length replacement or if your lense has the room you can get "waffer" style boards that come with different size festoon pieces and sometime G4 connections that all plug into the waffer LED board so you could use it in many different applications...if there is room to fit the LED board(s). Just another point to consider if you hadn't already. Personally, I think you would be better served by buying a light (fixture) designed as an LED from the factory. Simpler in design and for sure would meet CG requirements where you could only venture a guess with any sort of replacement LED bulb, with the exception being DR. LED because the certify certain bulbs meet CG requirements. Of course the down side is the price.

Comment

Dave, thanks for that, but I've ended my search for LED replacements, and am looking for a complete new unit.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                          Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Nothing here... http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...2Ffestoon.html

Comment

OK.... give me your old glasses.........

..... and I'll trade you these for them.

Looking for LED split lense style Anchor/Nav Mast Light.

Just kidding you guys with the reading glasses , and I appreciate the help!

I think that even if I were to find the correct length, there is no space in this housing for the LED's.

I'd rather buy a complete USCG approved unit, and be done with it.

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
                              Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Working...
                              X