Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corinthian Carpets vs. Stock-gctid381139

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Corinthian Carpets vs. Stock-gctid381139

    I just received our new Corinthian Carpets, and they look pretty good. They seem reasonably thick and well made. Here are some pictures along with a stock piece (original to our 2004 305) for comparison.

    Attached files [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684638=27616-1.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684638=27617-2.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684638=27618-3.jpg[/img] [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684638=27619-4.jpg[/img]

    #2
    We just got a set from them also, very nice. The rubber backing they use is sticky enough that I didn't put any snaps in it, and it's not moving at all.

    Comment


      #3
      Nice. Looks similar to what we did last year. I'm very happy with the carpet. I also had an issue where the hole wasn't cut out for the table post, and they took care of it and sent me a new piece very quickly. I even kept the old one, as a spare I guess.Old

      [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684655=27621-IMG_20110605_131712.jpg[/img]New

      [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/684655=27620-IMG_20110605_151225.jpg[/img]
      2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
      Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
      Bravo II drives
      Closed-cooling

      Comment


        #4
        That's interesting with the snaps.... I assumed that I would have to do the snaps for safety.

        Comment


          #5
          wfarr wrote:
          That's interesting with the snaps.... I assumed that I would have to do the snaps for safety.
          I did the snaps on the smaller pieces. They moved on me, so I snapped them in. But for the larger pieces, I didn't use snaps. They crawl a little on me, but not too bad. I still may add the snaps to them so they don't move at all.
          2003 Bayliner 305 - SOLD!
          Twin 5.7L, Carb'd, 445 hours
          Bravo II drives
          Closed-cooling

          Comment


            #6
            I just looked and they already have the snap holes in them, so I will definitely do the snaps. I hate when mats move, be it in cars, offices, or boats!

            Comment


              #7
              Looks very nice!

              Comment


                #8
                IMO Corithian is great. I love mine! I replaced them last spring.


                Comment


                  #9
                  I just put the snaps into one of the small pieces and it seems like they don't line up exactly with the original piece. I used the holes in the new carpets that they came with. I am going to drive out the the boat to test fit it before I do the others.

                  Anyone else have experience with putting snaps in corinthian carpets that could lend some input? Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    What was the price on replacing all those pieces?

                    My carpet is toast.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      wfarr wrote:
                      I just put the snaps into one of the small pieces and it seems like they don't line up exactly with the original piece. I used the holes in the new carpets that they came with. I am going to drive out the the boat to test fit it before I do the others.

                      Anyone else have experience with putting snaps in corinthian carpets that could lend some input? Thanks!
                      Um... Corinthian does not put snap holes in the carpet, you have to do that yourself. The position of snaps on the boat varies as they are installed by hand. No snap-in carpet or replacement canvas will have snaps already in it for this reason

                      I bought the Hoover snap tool but haven't installed the snaps in my Corinthian yet... it hasn't needed it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        BTW... if you install the snaps, buy 4 of these:

                        [img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/685171=27652-102009_lg-1.jpg[/img]Makes it VERY easy to position the carpet and get the snaps in the right location.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The set of five was under $600.... something like 570. I have heard a lot of people liked their driftwood that is on sale for around half that price - it would look nice with the wood grain and beige on your boat.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Ishiboo - those positioning pins look great, I will probably get some. That said, there sure as hell are snap holes in the new carpets that line up where there snaps are on my originals.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              biohazard wrote:
                              What was the price on replacing all those pieces?

                              My carpet is toast.
                              wfarr wrote:
                              The set of five was under $600.... something like 570. I have heard a lot of people liked their driftwood that is on sale for around half that price - it would look nice with the wood grain and beige on your boat.
                              I did my transom too. I got in on a special discount they were offering on CSR and mine was right around $525 with the transom pieces.




                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X