Flood light and horn-gctid380686

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood light and horn-gctid380686

Have a 2000 4788 Bayliner. Looking for the 12 volt aft deck flood light made by Guest. Was told that Guest sold out to Marineco. Called Bayliner, Meridian and Marineco, no luck. Does anyone know where I can find such a light. Also same boat. Does anyone know the manufacturer of the dual trumpet horns and where to find parts? Horn makes a groaning sound. I replaced the electric air pump with no luck. Removed both end caps, not much in there,a diaphram, cleaned both and reversed them but still will not blast.

Usually when my air horn sounds bad it it the diaghram needing cleaned. I usually wipe it down with alcohol, rubbing.

I noticed West Marine has a nice LED deck light.
    Jim McNeely
    New Hope a 2004 Bayliner 305 Sunbridge Express Cruiser
    Twin 5.7s with Bravo2 drives
    Brighton, Michigan USA
    MMSI # 367393410

Comment

louisguidry wrote:
      Have a 2000 4788 Bayliner. Looking for the 12 volt aft deck flood light made by Guest. Was told that Guest sold out to Marineco. Called Bayliner, Meridian and Marineco, no luck. Does anyone know where I can find such a light. Also same boat. Does anyone know the manufacturer of the dual trumpet horns and where to find parts? Horn makes a groaning sound. I replaced the electric air pump with no luck. Removed both end caps, not much in there,a diaphram, cleaned both and reversed them but still will not blast.
      Lou: Our 3rd Bayliner, a 2005 285, came with a real weak horn. I searched the internet and found a pair of stainless electric (not air horns) trumpets called "the intimidator." It was an easy swap and those horns were LOUD! Sounded like a locomotive. Even scared some people. And they diden't cost much. I'll try and find the old paperwork. Our 325 has a single electric trumpet that os ok, but nowhere near the fun of that intimidator. By the wy, that 285 went to Turkey by boat. I suppose some Turk is enjoying the blast of those horns! Griff

Comment

If you decide to buy a horn off the internet, make sure you listen to it first. Many, many sites that sell horns on the internet have an audio recording for each of their models that you can listen to on your computer speakers.

The problem with not listening to the sound first is that many horns, advertised as "Loud and demanding attention" actually sound like French police car horns squawking. Many air horns are too high pitched. I ended up buying a truck air horn, installed the trumpets in the same place as the removed electric trumpets, used the same activating wires and put the small (3" x 6" cylinder) compressor just below on the cabin wall. Sounds like a tugboat clearing the way for the Queen Mary!

I wish I could have been as lucky as Griff in the post above. I found that it was very difficult to find an electric horn that will actually give you a loud bass sound. Most of them sound like little motor scooter horns tentatively pleading for the tiniest bit of attention from the big scooters. Probably designed to not wake up any Snail Darters or something.

Comment

MikeRoss wrote:
          If you decide to buy a horn off the internet, make sure you listen to it first. Many, many sites that sell horns on the internet have an audio recording for each of their models that you can listen to on your computer speakers.

The problem with not listening to the sound first is that many horns, advertised as "Loud and demanding attention" actually sound like French police car horns squawking. Many air horns are too high pitched. I ended up buying a truck air horn, installed the trumpets in the same place as the removed electric trumpets, used the same activating wires and put the small (3" x 6" cylinder) compressor just below on the cabin wall. Sounds like a tugboat clearing the way for the Queen Mary!

I wish I could have been as lucky as Griff in the post above. I found that it was very difficult to find an electric horn that will actually give you a loud bass sound. Most of them sound like little motor scooter horns tentatively pleading for the tiniest bit of attention from the big scooters. Probably designed to not wake up any Snail Darters or something.
          Mike: I found the right horn. It's called Wolo Model 125 "dominator" list price $129.99 but on sale at Amazon.com for $72.17 and free shipping. Don't worry, Lou will find this beauty to be pleanty loud! Griff

Comment

It sounds good, Griff, very boaty.

You can hear it here: http://www.wolo-mfg.com/marine.htm

Comment

Working...
            X