Ready for another summer on the water...-gctid380090

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready for another summer on the water...-gctid380090

Upgraded from mid-80's SeaRay 245 to a 1990 Bayliner 3788 Avanti Express during this past off season. (SeaRay still for sale at Sunchaser Yachts in Blaine for a bargain price! :greedy_dollarsWife and kids excited to be on the water with our latest new-to-us boat. When I was looking to upgrade from the 245 due to the kids getting bigger and all of us needing more room for weekend runs to the Islands, I was keeping with the SeaRay line as I was impressed with how functional and sea-worthy that older 245 was. My only complaint was it didn't like to go much faster than 19 knots or so, and if the chop got too messy as it sometimes will do crossing from Blaine to Orcas/Sucia, we would have to really slow it down and chug along slowly. That only happened a couple times though and all in all a very solid little boat.Happened to come across a late-80's Bayliner Avanti while looking at a SeaRay sitting for sale right next to it and was amazed at the layout of that Avanti. SeaRay is well known for packing a lot of function into a limited space, but that Avanti was very-very impressive for doing much the same thing. So - I started to consider a Bayliner Avanti in my search for a newer boat.The '90 Avanti I eventually came across from a broker named Warren in Anacortes - owner used to be a member in here I believe. Loved the blue hulled paint job - and when we looked her over, she appeared to have been pretty well cared for. Very clean, super spacious, etc. Tackled a burnt valve upon mechanical inspection that led to a rather prolonged wait to figure out the best route to remedy - ended up with a somewhat spendy but hopefully good-to-go for many years custom and fully enclosed cooling system thanks to the nice folks at Integrity Marine in Anacortes.The big 425HP Magnums rumble (hoping the fuel burn on those beasts doesn't cause too much heartburn) - get a kick out of firing her up and watching the heads poke up in the Marina as I throttle her up a bit. Haven't had our first Island adventure for 2012 quite yet, but getting close. Really looking forward to creating more great memories on the water with the wife and kids and just wanted to pop into this place (impressive message forum!) to say hello.

[img]/media/kunena/attachments/vb/683575=27518-Avanti.jpg[/img]

Welcome! Very nice acquisition!

Comment

welcome to the zoo....more pictures or it didn't happen....

:kidding

:arr arrrrr

Comment

You made a great choice in your new boat. Beautiful boat and a classic design, I'm a little bias but I love my Avanti......

Comment

Welcome to the club. Bays do make pretty awesome use of space, we welcome you from the dark side.

Comment

Working...
          X