Back on the board and in the water again!-gctid379486

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the board and in the water again!-gctid379486

After a far to long time non-boating due to overload at work I will be finally back on the water this weekend and back to this board.

As the boat was stored indoors last year I thought it's a good idea to have a mechanic go over it and make sure that the first trip won't be a pain.

This led to a bunch of surprises! As a background, the first owner of the boat moved it directly into into storage without even adding oil to the engine where it sat for almost 13 years. Then he gave it to his nephew who used it a bit for a year and then ran out of money and sold it to us with less than 30h on the clock.

Well, the oil filter, spark plugs and impeller were still the original ones from 1996! I have to admit that I trusted the seller that he had maintained the boat as everything looked pristine and I am glad that the impeller didn't fall apart in the 15h we put on her in 2010!

Bayliner must have used quality parts at that time.......

Interesting thing was that the mechanic made several attempts to buy her "just in case we wouldn't be able to use her as we should". Dream on! I have more time again.....

welcome back juergen!!...glad to hear your back on the water...

:arr arr

Comment

Good for you! If you ever trailer it over this way, please let me know...:beer-
      Jeff & Tara
      (And Ginger too)
      Lake Havasu City, AZ

2000 Bayliner 3388
      "GetAway"
      Cummins 4bta 250s

In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. July 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
      X