Happiest Days- NOT for JohnL!-gctid379357

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happiest Days- NOT for JohnL!-gctid379357

Well today I sold our beloved 2452, Blue Highways. Relieved, yes, but happy? Definately not. Too many good memories over the past 15 yers for that!

Since I am officially a non boater now, I just want to say goodbye to the friends I have made here on BOC over those same years. Too many to name but a few, COF dmcb (I coulda been a contenda for that title); Seapuppy; 2850Bounty (Thanks for all the help Rick) ; Somesailor, Bill C, Fred K, Capt Wally, and others. You know who you are., It's been a long time since I visited BOC so if anyone wants to shoot me a private email update, great.

Here's wishing fair winds and smooth seas to you all.

JohnL

JohnL wrote:
    Well today I sold our beloved 2452, Blue Highways. Relieved, yes, but happy? Definately not. Too many good memories over the past 15 yers for that!

Since I am officially a non boater now, I just want to say goodbye to the friends I have made here on BOC over those same years. Too many to name but a few, COF dmcb (I coulda been a contenda for that title); Seapuppy; 2850Bounty (Thanks for all the help Rick) ; Somesailor, Bill C, Fred K, Capt Wally, and others. You know who you are., It's been a long time since I visited BOC so if anyone wants to shoot me a private email update, great.

Here's wishing fair winds and smooth seas to you all.

JohnL
    John,

Sad to hear you are no longer into boating, and sad to see you go... definitely stay around the BOC as it seems you have a lot of wisdom and stories to share.

Hope you enjoy the next hobby as much or more than you did the 2452!

Comment

Wishing you all the best

Enjoy your extra time & funds to pursue new adventures!

Happy Trails!

Sarah

Comment

John, we have already missed your presence here!

You take care, and enjoy whatever it is that you'll be doing now!

BTW, I won't PM you..... you slipped up once, and gave me your phone number... remember?

Rick E. Gresham, Oregon
        2850 Bounty Sedan Flybridge model
        Twin 280 HP 5.7's w/ Closed Cooling
        Volvo Penta DuoProp Drives
        Kohler 4 CZ Gen Set

Comment

Not too many of us left. Bon Voyage, John
          Tally and Vicki
          "Wickus" Meridian 341
          MMSI 338014939

Comment

For those that don't know, John is one of the longest serving members of BOC, going way back to (I think) the late 90s.

John, I was just looking through the photo albums last night and saw yours...I thought, wow I haven't seen John online for a while. Weird that it was just yesterday that this happened, and now here you are. I hope this is a good chapter for you, it's always a weird feeling to sell a boat because we get so emotionally attached to them.

Best of luck, John - I hope you stop by now and then.
            Mike P
            The Bahamas
            Formerly Vancouver BC, Bermuda and The Grenadine Islands.

Click here to hear my original music, FREE to download to your computer or iPod.

Comment

A lot of old timers gone from here. John was here when I came aboard. He is one of many I have met in person. Its sad to see one sell his boat and sad when we lose a friend here.

I did send you an email John.

On the road right now so internet is difficult.

Stop in and see us now and then John.

Doug
              Started boating 1955
              Number of boats owned 32
              Bayliners
              3870 presently owned
              Favorite boat. Toss up. 46' Chris Craft, 3870 Bayliner

Comment

Fair Winds and Following Seas John! It has been great getting to know and I've appreciated your contributions. As Tally said, fewer and fewer old-timers on the old BOC. Don't be a stranger and stay in touch. Nothing saying you can't stop in and say "Hi" .

- mike
                Custom CNC Design And Dash Panels

iBoatNW

1980 CHB Europa 42 Trawler- "Honey Badger"

Comment

I still remember almost buying your Merkur XR4Ti from you. That's one I still regret letting slip away.

Stick around, John! Once a BOCer, always a BOCer.
                  Matt Train
                  BOC Site Team
                  Chicagoland, IL

Comment

I'd like to echo the sentiments of those who posted before me.

John, I have enjoyed you posts through out the years----and your sense of humor. I hope you will stop in now and then.

Best wishes to you.

Reed

Comment

Congrats, I think..... I have never been happy watching a boat of mine head off into the sunset. The one good thing is you know that someone else will begin the process of enjoying many happy hours just as you did. I guess that is the one great thing about passing off a boat to a new owner.

As to the rest, there is no need for you to leave BOC so stay aboard and drop in once in a while.
                      Rick Grew

1981 Carver 3007 Aft Cabin

2004 Past Commodore
                      2021 Commodore
                      West River Yacht & Cruising Club
                      www.wrycc.com

Comment

R&Jonthebay wrote:
                        I'd like to echo the sentiments of those who posted before me.

John, I have enjoyed you posts through out the years----and your sense of humor. I hope you will stop in now and then.

Best wishes to you.

Reed
                        My thoughts exactly. BOC is a lot like "Hotel California" though. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...
                        Jeff & Tara (And Ginger too)
                        Lake Havasu City, AZ
                        |
                        Current: 2008 Playcraft 2400 MCM 350 Mag B3
                        2000 Bayliner 3388 Cummins 4bta 250s (SOLD 2020)
                        2000 Bayliner 2858 MCM 7.4 MPI B3 (SOLD 2018)
                        2007 Bayliner 305 MCM twin 350 Mag B3s (SOLD 2012)
                        2008 Bayliner 289 MCM 350 Mag Sea Core B3 (SOLD 2009)
                        And 12 others...
                        In memory of Shadow, the best boat dog ever. Rest in peace, girl. 7-2-10

Comment

Oh you will be back. That steel trawler you showed me looked about right for you.

Safe and Happy Boating!

ColonyCove

Comment

ColonyCove wrote:
                            Oh you will be back. That steel trawler you showed me looked about right for you.

Safe and Happy Boating!

ColonyCove
                            Exactly, go and buy that trawler. see you soon...

Comment

Been kinda busy as of late and I guess I missed this....first off...great that you sold the boat...sad that your leaving the BOC....best of luck to your next adventure...if you ever get up this way...let me know...I'll buy the first round...

but as we've always said....once a boc'er...always a boc'er.......

God bless

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X